Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Just a quick update... Chris's first TD-27 pack is on the way. It's in beta and I am prepping the site for his first release. No exact ETA, but soon. Here is a little info on his first pack...

This is a current draft. It is subject to change/edit.

V Expressions Ltd’s VENUE LIVE for TD-27!

The pack features 23 kits comprised of 15 well made popular acoustic kit models and brands spanning many decades including a well-defined Reggae kit, Jazz kit, and Church Services kit. 8 of those kits are copied with a L30 pan optimization for Gigging use per the Master Left OUTPUT in a MONO scenario. This provides immediate plug and play ease while achieving the full punch and definition required for live sound from the TD-27 Module when using a MONO signal. The pack manual will fully explain these kits and how/when to use them. These same 8 kits appear in their full stereo form as well.

Also included are 6 well designed artist kits (Roger Taylor/Queen, Danny Carey/Tool, Ringo Starr, Phil Rudd/ACDC, Foo Fighters, and John Bonham), 1 percussion kit, and 1 Electronic/EDM inspired creation.

The acoustic drum kits in this pack are programmed in their raw, natural setting and created with the feel of direct mic’ing along with added ambience and compression. Most of the acoustic models feature lower ambience.

It supplies pre-programmed support of Crash Two with respect to the kit and other cymbals in the model. The Roland digital pads: PD140-DS, and CY-18DR have been prioritized in the making of the kit models. All three AUX triggers have been programmed and optimized for a 4th tom setup (Aux 3) with two additional cymbals (Aux 1 & 2). Some models may differ.

NEW! Exclusively created V Expressions Ltd sample .WAV data has been utilized. These samples have been mainly used in the sub layer instrument setting to supply the kits with unique sounds without affecting performance, dynamic feel, or adaptive pad response.

To download the files - you will need a fresh SD Card 64 MB or larger, and a computer with an SD Card reader.
    Choose to download the Bulk load file, individual kits, or both at time of purchase. Both are highly recommended.

Based on availability, pre-programmed SD Cards are available from V Expressions LTD for an additional service fee.
    After receiving your payment, they will be mailed to you. Contact the programmer for details.

This pack is for all experience levels, functionalities, performance and recording alike.

The L30 justified kits are meant to be used in live performance setups on professional PA and Monitoring speakers. It is normal for these L30 kits to have sound in the left side only of headphones… when connected to the TD27 headphone jack.

Roland Firmware Version 1.10 loaded to your TD-27 is required to use this pack.
    I'm still working on my release. I've had some personal issues come up in recent weeks I've had to deal with and it's drawn many of my normal hours away from the kit. However, I am a majority of the way through development. I have no ETA for my pack, but I'm still shooting for October. I definitely have a Bonham kit on mine too. LOL Let the battle of developers begin!

Leave a comment:

• mikewolf1127
    replied
    The kit in Sample 10 sounds really good!

Leave a comment:

• Poldivina
    replied
    will you have a pack with a piccolo snare? Thaaaanks! Can't wait for this!

Leave a comment:

• poshea
    replied
    Awesome, looking forward to the final product

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by mikewolf1127 View Post
    Where did those drumless tracks come from?
    All on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• mikewolf1127
    replied
    Where did those drumless tracks come from?

Leave a comment:

• 2pods
    replied
    Sounding good !

Leave a comment:

• 2pods
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    because everyone is requesting everything.
    Isn't that always the way ?

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied

I thought I'd slap some demos up here of stuff I was tweaking today.

First, I apologize for so many being somewhat similar. I guess it was just the mood I was in today. I didn't even realize I was gravitating toward a similar sound until I got the wavs to the computer.

Second, pardon the mixes. I'm still in the rough stage with all kits at the moment. (this is about 8-9 of the kits) The drumless tracks aren't the greatest either. So, some instruments may stand out more than you like. They will continue to be tweaked to work across many styles of tunes to help with the final mix of each kit.

Lastly, pardon the crappy playing. I wasn't really in the mood today, but work must carry on. You'll hear mistakes. Don't judge.

These were recorded in the module. I did add a bit of volume with a transparent limiter in post just to bring things up to a better listening volume for you guys. (about CD level) That basically means they are lightly compressed a tad more in post to raise volume, but hardly a noticeable difference from what the final kits will be.

As mentioned, these are kits I'm working on for my release. I don't have a final name for the pack yet. Chris is working on different styles (EDM, etc.) for his release, I haven't gotten an update from Chris this week, but I can assume he's beginning to get close to beta again. He's aiming for a September release. Mine may push into October. (I still have a lot of work to do, as I've trashed things a few times to get the best path to the end)

The last kit (sample 10) is actually one of my "organic" acoustic kits. There will be several of these on my pack as well. It went well with the tune, so I went ahead and used it for the sample. Most other samples are classified as studio, commercial, classic, vintage, or similar. There will be many variations to ensure great options of tunings, etc. on almost every kit. (the 27 is a bit hard to edit, so I'm aiming to do much of that for the customer up front) The pack is a hybrid of Studio X & Infinity from the TD-50. However, I am using artists as models to coincide with Generations as well. So, it will kind of be all three balled into one, because everyone is requesting everything.

Sample 1.mp3
    Sample 2.mp3
    Sample 3.mp3
    Sample 4.mp3
    Sample 5.mp3
    Sample 6.mp3
    Sample 7.mp3
    Sample 8.mp3
    Sample 9.mp3
    Sample 10.mp3

Listening to these again, I also realize I did not do samples with the new set of hybrid Paistes I've created. They're really great, and I'll be sure to include them in the next batch of samples.

Feel free to comment.

Hope you like!

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    We're working on them. They're coming. Chris basically started over after beta, but he's getting close again. I'm about 60% through my pack. (much more involved in my packs) We're taking time to make them great. You don't want us rushing crap out.

Leave a comment:

• archimen
    replied
    Hello,
    Any news? I am waiting impatiently.
    Best regards

Leave a comment:

• mikewolf1127
    replied
    For sure. I’d rather wait a little longer and not have kits that I wish were better.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Due to beta feedback, Chris has decided to spend a couple of more weeks improving our first EDM based expansion. We’re now looking at mid-August. Our second pack is still on target (at this time) for late September. Perfection takes patience.

Leave a comment:

• Jmattingly909
    replied
    Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Jmattingly909
    replied
    I know it's been scheduled for q3, but I'm curious for an update on the TD-27 V expressions release.

Also....is there any resource or ability for people to post their custom kits (Settings, etc)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X