TD-27 Roadmap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-27 Roadmap

Wasn’t sure where to put this; but since I’ve been questioned a lot on the TD-27 plans, here is the info...

Modules are not shipping until around April. So, VEX won’t have anything out until July/August at the earliest. Sorry. We can’t control their plans.

FWIW, shell packs are being discussed; but due to production plans, they won’t be available until fall... and individual components until after that.

So, if you’re like me, and you are considering pads only, it’s looking like next Christmas.

None of this is written in stone. Just “the word” I’ve gotten so far.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

That’s too bad regarding the shells and individual components I’m going back to the Drum-Tec website to look at my options for pimping out my kit

Comment

Really. that sucks...I got the cash now but not the time, soon I’ll have the time -hopefully I’ll still have the cash.

Comment

We've received our first module and are beginning to take suggestions & requests for the first release.

We're aiming for a mid/late summer first release, with a second to follow shortly after the first.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Not a suggestion but definitely curious as to the capability of this module compared to the TD-50 related to VEX. If you don’t mind sharing in the future....

Comment

Originally posted by tgfoyl1472 View Post
            Not a suggestion but definitely curious as to the capability of this module compared to the TD-50 related to VEX. If you don’t mind sharing in the future....
            if you read the manual, there is pretty descend tweaking capability lot from td50, the sound engine imports include memory, is the same, but more instruments and variety in td27, you won't loose instruments, but get more variety.
            Last edited by Chris K; 04-11-20, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

if you read the manual, there is pretty descend tweaking capability lot from td50, the sound engine imports include memory, is the same, but more instruments and variety in td27.

I have read the manual, what I am referring to is that the sounds are not the same on the TD-27 Vs the TD-50 so you are starting from a different palate of sounds to begin with. On the TD-27 you have more instruments to edit than on the 50, rides and snares come to mind...

Comment

Adding these here from an email for later reference...
                • Danny Carey
                • Jimmy Chamberlain
                • Gavin Harrison
                • Dave Abbruzese
                • Matt Cameron
                Alan

Comment

For those following, our second TD-27 is finally en route! Chris is shooting for a August release, but no promises in stone. I should have our additional expansion out around September. These dates are tentative for now. Hope that helps!

7401BF2F-F984-4FBC-8735-916B86214D0A.jpeg
                  Alan

Comment

Allen.... I appreciate your hard work going into the TD-27. I was going to sell mine until I saw you started
                    working on an expansion pack for it ... seriously! Thank you!

Comment

I have begun, but I also have my quarterly transplant follow-up labs this week that's robbing me of a few days. Will be back at it early next week.

Dialing in some great starting points to get to know the new module.

For those interested, I'll be doing the following setup...
                      • Bass Drum
                      • Snare
                      • Hi-Hat
                      • Ride
                      • Tom 1
                      • Tom 2
                      • Tom 3
                      • Tom 4 (Aux 3)
                      • Crash 1
                      • Crash 2
                      • Splash (Aux 1)
                      • China (Aux 2)
                      Basically, I'm cutting 1 splash and 1 crash from my normal development setup.
                      Alan

Comment

Thank you for that heads up!

Comment

I am sure someone has already requested the mandatory John Bonham sound. You do it so well!

Comment

Cannot wait for this!!!!

Comment

I know it's been scheduled for q3, but I'm curious for an update on the TD-27 V expressions release.

Also....is there any resource or ability for people to post their custom kits (Settings, etc)?

Comment

Working...
                              X