Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining the best of Generations and Infinity.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining the best of Generations and Infinity.....

Hey All!.... I am sure there are a few who have this question.....

I'd like to combine the best of both Generations and Infinity preset kits into one bank. (I understand I would need to sacrifice a few kits from both in order to do this)

What is the quickest and easiest way to achieve this?
    Is there some kind of batch copy option.....(IE - Generations Kits 1-50 to Bank C 1-50, Infinity Kits 1-40 to Bank C 51-90)....

Something like that?...

Cheers.
    Vig.

Really, I would be just happy to purchase and use any of those kits. However My Roland TM-6 Pro is not listed on your site as a supported Module so I have no idea if any of your kits will work with my module. None of the FAQ questions deal with that. all of my triggers are dual zone Helensson ITM2's but I guess I am just in the wilderness here as there is not much out there dealing with this and similar questions.

Comment

Just had this discussion in email... here’s what I said...

Load one of your packs. Then, copy the kit folder of the other to your card’s TD-50 folder. (or just the kits to the existing folder as needed) Don’t renumber these kits unless you don’t want to overwrite existing ones. (wasted time) Load these kits individually. (see the individual kit loading instructions) That’s how it’s done.

VDrumLib is working on an update to stick everything together at the computer, but it’s not finished yet. I’m hoping he’s done with it soon.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by SplineSpider View Post
        Really, I would be just happy to purchase and use any of those kits. However My Roland TM-6 Pro is not listed on your site as a supported Module so I have no idea if any of your kits will work with my module. None of the FAQ questions deal with that. all of my triggers are dual zone Helensson ITM2's but I guess I am just in the wilderness here as there is not much out there dealing with this and similar questions.
        Not sure why this is posted here, but we do not currently support the TM-6 Pro. We may in the future, if we get more requests for it. We’ve only gotten a couple so far. (yours included)
        Alan

Comment

Thanx Alan,
          Not sure I understand the "not renumbering" part. Wouldn't you do that so the newly loaded kits load after the existing ones?...

Or am I missing something.....

Cheers!

Comment

Sorry, the email asked about renumbering the kits. My answer is that is a waste of time. Just copy the folder of kits you need to the SD as needed. In fact, you could copy multiple kit folders to the card, but rename them so you know what folder belongs to what pack. You would just need to rename the file “kit” to access it on the module. Thus, it’s better to just copy the folder you desire as needed.

The kit kit folder is purely for copying and saving individual kits to/from. They do NOT load automatically.

The video series I’m working on will touch on this in the first video. No ETA for release yet. It’s going to be around 14-15 10-20 minute videos, and that will take quite a while to film, edit, & release.
            Alan

Comment

Just tried this, All I see are TDO files?

No individual kit files.....

Am I (still) missing something?.....

Comment

EDIT..….Sorry Alan , I worked it out.....
                It's a little tedious, but it does what I want.....

You really have to know exactly where everything is if you want to do this successfully....
                IE - If you were cherry picking samples from all 4 packs (for example).

Thanx again!!
                Last edited by Vigosh; 09-13-19, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Yea, Roland really handled this part of the module badly. I’m not sure why they removed the option to copy kits from other backups. I’m sure there is a reason behind it; but man, did they make things hard and time consuming.
                  Alan

Comment

BTW, You're lightning fast in your responses.....Do you not sleep?....

Are u Batman?....

Comment

Yes. Yes, I am.
                      Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X