Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start?

I知 a long time TD-12 owner looking to get better sound. Up until now I just wanted to learn and practice, but the idea of more realistic kits is becoming very appealing. But after looking at the Vex lists I知 overwhelmed, there痴 just so many options, literally thousands of kits, and after a few minutes of listening I知 completely lost. So my question is, where do I start? I don稚 have a lot of money, so I壇 just like to get a simple $50 pack that provides a range of nice sounding kits. But which one? Acoustic, Masters, Gigging?? Suggestions welcome.

It would help you and the community if you'd share more details about the intended use of the kits. Do you plan on gigging, songwriting/recording or just practising and having fun at home? I had wondered myself about the variety of options with VEX, but the best way is to set the goal and see what gets you there. Maybe there's a way to make a custom pack?
    Last edited by MilosDrummer; 08-11-19, 12:39 PM.
    ー•A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•ー
    ー•SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•ー
    ー•Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•ー

Comment

Need a LOT more info. What do you play? What styles? Is this for hobby, recording, stage, etc.? If in a band, do you have a song list?
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fair enough. I知 not a working musician, purely a hobbyist, and to no one has heard me play except my wife. I play along to music mostly, a collection of classic, prog, and alt rock. As such I知 not looking for any particular sound, just something that is closer to what I hear in recorded music or even when I try out acoustic sets in stores. I find all the hi hats on the TD 12 especially disappointing, as the closed sound rarely sounds like the nice clean 鍍ink of the real thing. The rides are also not that great, particularly at the low velocity end. If I could just get better cymbal sounds I壇 probably be happy.

Comment

I would say check out the Studio Kits series: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/studio_kits.html

It seems ideal for what you致e mentioned.
          Alan
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
          X