VEX and TD9KX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEX and TD9KX2

I'd really appreciate some advice. I've had my Roland TD9 for a few years now and have only tinkered with the stock kits. I've seen some really good feedback on the VEX expansions and thought it was time to try some new sounds. I'm wondering about either the Naturals or the Master 50. I just wondered what people would recommend?
    Also, I've watched the VEX video on backing up and uploading and it looks fairly straightforward. Might be a bit of a silly question but what I don't know is do the expansions replace every stock kit on the module - or some of them e.g. the first 50? Or can you mix and match? Thanks

I had the Masters 50 and I really liked it. With vDrum library, you can customize what is on your module so you can have the Vex kits, the stock kits you like, and whatever custom kits you made for yourself.
    Have fun!
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks for the help and info jimorlando.

Comment

I choose the "Toolkit" and I found it to be a great mix of kits and genre's
        I'm sure any of them are great ........ But, I am really happy with my choice
        TD-9 V2 (VEX'd), Roto-toms (8,10,12,14) on a collar-lock rack with internal DIY triggers, and Drum-tec real feel pro heads
        Triggered Sabian Quite tone cymbals

Comment

Working...
        X