Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions is proud to announce: Generations for the Roland TD-50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Expressions is proud to announce: Generations for the Roland TD-50!

Description:

Generations finally brings the long-awaited combination of our absolute best-selling expansions ever to the TD-50! We’ve combined the essence of our three all-time best-selling expansions, Top 50 Drummers, Giggin’ Kits and Infinity, into one amazing expansion!

From Top 50 Drummers, we bring some of the best-known drummers spanning the last 6 decades. From our Giggin’ Kits, we mix in some of their best chart-topping bands ever known. From Infinity, we add that powerful remastered, realistic, and clean production sound that our customers have come to demand.

Generations is broken into three categories:

The “Generation X” section provides 20 kits of the 60’s & 70’s. (kits 01-20)
    The “Generation Y” section provides 20 kits of the 80’& 90’s. (kits 21-40)
    The “Generation Z” section provides kits of the 2000’s. (kits 41-60)

In all, you get 60 kits spanning 60 years!

Generations is the best of all worlds rolled into one. These kits offer fresh, tight, and punchy kicks & bottom end, cleanly compressed master mixes, and a livelier remastered and realistic sound to combine the feel of your own kit and the artists’ sound into one.

We’ve purposely varied mixes, brilliance, warmth, wetness, and much more to make this pack extremely versatile in use. Like Infinity, you’ll be able to almost infinitely create combinations of all types of things into brand new kits!

As always, kits are designed to cover multiple needs and bases. While these kits may have specific titles, bands, or names assigned to them, they will very often cover numerous bands of the relative times & eras. Many of these bands shared the same platinum-producing engineers over the years, as well as used the same studios. All these likenesses result in many similar mixes heard in countless other chart-topping bands of those eras and times. Try these kits with everything! After that, try mixing components of kits together to create all new kits!

Components are designed to mimic the best and well-known sounds over the decades represented, and it is easy to copy components from kit to kit to create new versions with different instruments. With Generations’ simple and cleanly designed master settings, it is now very easy to replicate the loss of master EQ and compression in live situations where you may desire to run direct out routing.

Generations took many months to craft, and we expect it to be one of our best expansions ever released.

Thanks for your interest in Generations!

Check out our brand new expansion, "Generations", for the Roland TD-50! http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/generations.html

In this video, we introduce our new Generations expansion for the TD-50! https://youtu.be/TRg5ghKmyIY
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What happened to the TD-17.

Comment

THIS is the pack I've been waiting for since my failed experimenting with the Mimic!!!!
      Show Kit: TD-50+TD-17, PD-140DS, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-18DR, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
      Practice Kit: TD-17, PD-128BC, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-15R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

OMG, what a great pack!

I'm destined to have some fun today & will report back in when my butt is going to hurt after those countless hours of playing and enjoying! Catch you (much) later!
        Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Just bought it, can't wait to try it!

Comment

Originally posted by hokuahi View Post
            What happened to the TD-17.
            Drop Chris an email. He’s working on stuff; but because he gigs full time, he works slower than I do. We also work based on demand. The flagships are 99.9% focus of all our email requests.
            Alan

Comment

Hey Alan, you have written in tips & tricks "performing":

In live situations, it is suggested that the kits be played to the mixing console in stereo as they are modeled and then
              adding/reducing the desired effects to accommodate the current environment.

Is the opinion to use the stereo headphone output. We have a Touchmix 16 and the sound from TD 50 is sometimes bad at the balanced & unbalanced Output.
              Is there a chance for the QSC Touchmix 16 a setting for edrum?
              Thank you very much for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                Sounds fantastic Alan, I'm proud to own it. The kits are great, the EQ is great, the feel of the genres has been captured and I've only just dug into it. Thanks for your hard work and expertise and commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by pesch View Post
                  Hey Alan, you have written in tips & tricks "performing":

In live situations, it is suggested that the kits be played to the mixing console in stereo as they are modeled and then
                  adding/reducing the desired effects to accommodate the current environment.

Is the opinion to use the stereo headphone output. We have a Touchmix 16 and the sound from TD 50 is sometimes bad at the balanced & unbalanced Output.
                  Is there a chance for the QSC Touchmix 16 a setting for edrum?
                  Thank you very much for an answer.
                  I would NEVER send any HP out to anything other than headphones. (unless for external monitoring, and you're VERY careful)

In nearly all cases, customers have shared they do the following...

Send Master L/R to the FOH only. (this is most people)
                  Send Master L/R to the FOH, and send BD, SN, TMS, etc. for added punch. (this is common also)
                  ​​​​​​​Send combinations of direct out to the FOH, and send effects separate. (this is rare, but somewhat common)
                  Some combination of the above.
                  Alan

Comment

I cant wait to snag this up!! This will get me to play again haha.

Thanks!

Comment

Alan, for the love of God ..get out of my wallet! J/K i bought this last nite going to use two different kits, both country( shelton and aldean). Should sound killer with the country music we do.

Comment

I don’t own a TD50, but I checked out this pack nevertheless. Damn impressive! I mean, it really sounds great. The snare in particular is MILES better than the stock sounds. Wow.
                        Meet The Stewards!
                        https://www.facebook.com/Stewards.music/
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/4DkksGVF7ujfj7KupB6wdD
                        https://www.deezer.com/us/artist/51527662

Comment

Hi Alan,

I've been playing around with the kits and so far it's all just GOLD what you've come up with!

So right now I have all the TD50 packs and was wandering what would be the best strategy to uplift kits/cymbal packs/etc from the Foundations & Studio X packs to the standard of either the Generations or Infinity.

I understand that I can copy over all the different pad settings to either Generations or Infinity but I would like to understand if there are particular things should or shouldn't do?
                          Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
                            Hi Alan,

I've been playing around with the kits and so far it's all just GOLD what you've come up with!

So right now I have all the TD50 packs and was wandering what would be the best strategy to uplift kits/cymbal packs/etc from the Foundations & Studio X packs to the standard of either the Generations or Infinity.

I understand that I can copy over all the different pad settings to either Generations or Infinity but I would like to understand if there are particular things should or shouldn't do?
                            As I mentioned near the beginning of the Infinity video, you simply need to adjust the kit volume across expansions to match. This is right on the kit name page. Press Menu > Volume > and then adjust Foundations/Studio X up a few dB, or Infinity/Generations down a few dB. Once kit volumes match to your liking, you can then copy instruments across kits as desired. (minor tweaking should always be expected)
                            Alan

Comment

Curiosity got the better of me as I got carried away listening to the samples... I made a controversial MP3!

Probably should have picked a different song but I didn't want to spend too long doing this.

The levels were completely different and I had to EQ to make it a fairer comparison, listen with a large pinch of salt.

Origins vs Generations.
                              Attached Files
                              ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                              Community Drum Module Document
                              PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Working...
                              X