Blondie kit/ 80s rock kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blondie kit/ 80s rock kits

Hi all, after a long break of some 30 years of not playing, i decided to purchase a used td50, im getting back in to it nicely however i think i have bitten off more than i can chew with this kit.
    I have been trying to tune it to match some of my favourite 80s bands, Blondie, dire straits, The who and some other rock bands i used to like playing along too, however i am not having much success in tuning the kits to the desired tones despite all the various settings available.
    I play with headphones and not through any PA amps.
    Can anyone advise me on the best course of action in getting the sounds i want.

Originally posted by cjs65 View Post
    Hi all, after a long break of some 30 years of not playing, i decided to purchase a used td50, im getting back in to it nicely however i think i have bitten off more than i can chew with this kit.
    I have been trying to tune it to match some of my favourite 80s bands, Blondie, dire straits, The who and some other rock bands i used to like playing along too, however i am not having much success in tuning the kits to the desired tones despite all the various settings available.
    I play with headphones and not through any PA amps.
    Can anyone advise me on the best course of action in getting the sounds i want.
    Pick up Infinity by V Expressions and expect another VEX release not too long from now for the TD-50 that will nail different decades of rock kits a lot of us fell in love with listening to records and CD's from 60's to present.

http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/infinity.html

Join this thread:

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...popular-demand
    Last edited by Howstamychi; 07-10-19, 10:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I agree, Get Vex Infinity and the new one in a few weeks, Find a kit close to what you like, Save it as a new user kit and then tweak from there.
      You literally won't believe the quality of the sounds coming from the module, you'll never bother with the stock sounds again.

Drop Alan an email, he's responds quick, is super helpful and will set you on your way....

Comment

I definitely have some "Blondie-friendly" kits and or components. Kit #50 on the Infinity is a great kit for it when the ambiance is adjusted. However, I also have more coming soon that may gel well too.

Pretty much everyone absolutely loves Infinity, but it's more of an acoustic-driven pack. (sounds more like realistic drums in your presence) The next one is that feeling mixed a into well-known names and commercial sounds. (like remastered bands over the past 60 years) In the meantime, feel free to check out our site below.

Hope that helps!
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you for the advice from you all. i will be downloading the infinity pack so thank you for that Alan.
          I am also looking forward to the new kits/packs that you are also working on Alan.

Comment

Working...
          X