Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd | TD-50... by popular demand....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Kiss is a good possibility. I just may "modernize" it, though.
    If you modernized some of the kits on Kiss Destroyer especially "Detroit Rock City" and "Do You Love Me" that would be extremely cool. I think there's a fairly definitive kit vibe on all the songs on that record. Washy BUT in a great way, like the drums are in motion due to the ambience. And I hate washy. Hard to describe.
    Last edited by Howstamychi; 06-26-19, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
      Hi Alan

For the 00/10 it would be great to have something like the drums of Kensington, like on “Do I Ever”.

thanks.
      Very airy and deeply compressed, but I'll look into it. Not sure that smooth and deep compression can be achieved on a module. (that's multiple layers of compression on buses going on in that song, and most songs today)
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For 00-10's:
        Chris Adler: "Walk With Me In Hell" Mapex kit, if I recall correctly, with a 5.5x12 snare and Meinl cymbals
        Marco Minnemann ("Extreme Drumming" DW/Meinl with woofered kick warm and attack
        Matthew McDough: "Happy?" Pearl Masters
        Kit from "She's Country" by Jason Aldean. Night tight poppy sound, but it's actually an acoustic kit. lol

60's-70's
        I agree with Ringo Starr but thinking more along the lines of "The End" or "Helter Skelter"

I do have to say that some of the modern country/pop would not be a bad idea either since we don't have anything geared towards that in any of our packs, thus far.

With the rise of cover bands and tributes becoming more and more popular as time passes by, it seems, I can already see this pack being sought after by so many drummers.
        Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

TD-3 > TD-10E > TD-20 > TD/W-20 > TD-15 > TD-50

Comment

Very airy and deeply compressed, but I'll look into it. Not sure that smooth and deep compression can be achieved on a module. (that's multiple layers of compression on buses going on in that song, and most songs today)
          No worries, I now at least know how to eventually get there. Thanks for checking.
          Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Cream, Beatles, & Jimi added. Pantera too.
            Alan

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to the final product.

Comment

Cream, Beatles, & Jimi added. Pantera too.
                Awesome!

KISS???? (!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by G-Rad View Post
                  For 00-10's:
                  Kit from "She's Country" by Jason Aldean. Night tight poppy sound, but it's actually an acoustic kit. lol
                  I did this one GRad suggested, but I need a good modern country kit suggestion. (think commercial rock-ish) Otherwise, I'm going to head down the Daughtry "Home" route.
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Vigosh View Post
                    KISS???? (!!!!)
                    I'm waiting until I get to the polish phase in a couple of weeks. I have something close already, but I cannot remember what it was. It's saved out as an individual kit at the moment. I'll find it when I start assembling the backup for polishing.
                    Alan

Comment

Added the Daughtry kit. I know that doesn’t sound exciting; but trust me, it’s awesome. One of my favs so far. Covers nice big country and clean commercial mainstream rock well too.
                      Alan

Comment

Couple of other country kits:

Tim McGraw - Where the Green Grass Grows
                        Blake Shelton - Honeybee
                        Miranda Lambert- Mama's Broken Heart ((This kit sounds sharp)
                        For a slightly poppy country kit: Luke Bryan - Strip It Down
                        Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

Comment

Finally! The initial 60 are out of "phase 1". Next week, I tackle 15 "tracking kits" spanning those decades. (5 in each pack) I should have those done in a week, due to the fact they are going to be designed for tracking/gigging acoustic and or direct routing with minimal master EQ & comp. Then, I hit "phase 2" the following week, which is assembly and polish week(s). That'll take a week or so, and then it's just admin stuff the last week. Aiming for Aug1. Wish me luck.

GRad, I did get a great version of Blake's song. Really dig the airy snare in that one.
                          Alan

Comment

So all 75 kits will be in the same pack? That would make it extremely easy for me. I have my wallet ready for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Rad View Post
                              So all 75 kits will be in the same pack? That would make it extremely easy for me. I have my wallet ready for this one.
                              Yes, there will be a single bundle will have ALL of them in ONE backup, for everyone's ease of use and installing.
                              Alan

Comment

After careful consideration, I want to keep the price lower than I had planned for the extra time, work and kits. So, I've decided to axe the "track" kits.

I'm going to just release the 60 in a single pack for simplicity, and move the "track" stuff to a unique pack later for those who want/need such kits. I'll edit the post above to reflect this.

So, I'm off to polishing now. Still looking at a couple of weeks. I still have to plan sample recording and at least an intro video... so I still have a lot of work to do.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X