Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd | TD-50... by popular demand....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a couple I was working on today. DT is only in the works... toms are too boomy & mix still needs work... pardon the playing... I don't like spending time going back 20 years and re-learning specifics just for testing and samples.

dream_in_the_works.mp3
    knackish.mp3
    Attached Files
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      Here's a couple I was working on today. DT is only in the works... toms are too boomy & mix still needs work... pardon the playing... I don't like spending time going back 20 years and re-learning specifics just for testing and samples.

dream_in_the_works.mp3
      knackish.mp3
      Dream in the works from 2:30 out is some fantastic drumming I'll start with that. Wow. Your playing is great and showcases the potential of the kits. Needed to be said since you said you had some reservations.

Kit Sounds are great Alan. You're turning the TD-50 into a beast. I know this will take a while but I'm still allowed to look forward to it I was playing Infinity kits most of last night.

Comment

Wow, I'm just as impressed with your playing skills as I am the actual sounds of the Dream Theater kit man. You got some serious chops brother! Makes me wonder if you're going to do a couple of octobans on the tom rims or something, which I think would be interesting.

Makes me wonder if you're going to do a massive library for this pack, like some 80 plus kits, haha. yeah I know it'd take a while, but I think it'd be worth it. Either way man, you're doing a wonderful job. All these kits sounds so beautiful. I'm going to have hell trying to pick one to use. but I also am going to have a good time making some good recordings and jamming with others, when I can, too.
        Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

TD-3 > TD-10E > TD-20 > TD/W-20 > TD-15 > TD-50

Comment

Originally posted by G-Rad View Post
          Wow, I'm just as impressed with your playing skills as I am the actual sounds of the Dream Theater kit man. You got some serious chops brother! Makes me wonder if you're going to do a couple of octobans on the tom rims or something, which I think would be interesting.

Makes me wonder if you're going to do a massive library for this pack, like some 80 plus kits, haha. yeah I know it'd take a while, but I think it'd be worth it. Either way man, you're doing a wonderful job. All these kits sounds so beautiful. I'm going to have hell trying to pick one to use. but I also am going to have a good time making some good recordings and jamming with others, when I can, too.
          Thank you, Gerad! I'm humbled... especially since I sucked and literally just played those cold without any refresher of the original performances. lol

You guessed right. I don't want to give details, but (assuming this goes as planned) this will be a larger pack, with some options for the customer. The overall size of the plan, and the fact that each kit takes much longer to create when focusing on a specific unique result, will dictate this will take an enormous amount of time. I was hoping for this summer, but I'm only a third of the way through it. So, It's looking like a fall release now... maybe even winter. This will be a unique release, and I think people will find it interesting in the end.
          Alan
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
          X