Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd announces "Infinity" for the Roland TD-50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by willsud View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. That's fair enough - there are enough variables to deal with without introducing more

If you ever get round to doing those videos I would sign up for it for sure - you come across very well - and now I know what you look like
    Thanks! I have about a 3˝ hour (around 16 15-minute videos) outline that goes through creating kits from absolute scratch for recording and professional usage; and then I was going to add a DAW subsequent course as well. That's probably another few hours. If I have enough interest from people, it's probably my next project. If so, it'll probably be a Patreon thing. When I get serious, I'll probably start a thread on it.

Leave a comment:

• willsud
    replied
    Thanks for the prompt reply. That's fair enough - there are enough variables to deal with without introducing more

If you ever get round to doing those videos I would sign up for it for sure - you come across very well - and now I know what you look like

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by willsud View Post
    One thing I wonder is - do you leave positional sensing on for the digital snare? I disable it on the snare rim as it causes too many variations in sound. I like it on for the snare head but again it seems to overdo the variation in sound (or maybe that's just my poor technique )
    First, thanks for the kudos! I'm actually considering a "mixing course" video series, but I've been knee-deep in development the past 4 months.

I don't touch the actual pad settings on my development kit(s). They are set to the default pad setup for that intended kit/module. (I describe any differences on the expansion page) The changes you desire to make are plausible. There is no rule. I can understand why you would want to turn it off. You are right that there is a lot of variation with the DP SN. It was intended by Roland, and is adjustable through other things like decay, muffling, overtone, etc.

Leave a comment:

• willsud
    replied
    Loved the Bonzo video - incredibly helpful to see your expertise in decision making when tweaking. I agonise over small tweaks so it made me smile seeing how fast you reach a conclusion that works

As with everyone else, so impressed with the Infinity pack. Fantastic value for money.

One thing I wonder is - do you leave positional sensing on for the digital snare? I disable it on the snare rim as it causes too many variations in sound. I like it on for the snare head but again it seems to overdo the variation in sound (or maybe that's just my poor technique )

Leave a comment:

• tgfoyl1472
    replied
    IEM - 64 Audio A4s

Leave a comment:

• Howstamychi
    replied
    Headphones - Yamaha HPH-MT8's.

Leave a comment:

• gjmunro
    replied
    Hey Alan. When using headphones - audio technica ATH M-50's; when using powered speaker - JBL EON G2 15" active.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    For every one who has commented here, would you please share with me what headphones or monitoring setup you use with your kit. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Thanks for the kudos. I have an “official” (by name only) DL kit coming in the next release. Based on the Punchy kit, but completely redone.

Leave a comment:

• Vigosh
    replied
    Just wanted to keep the props going for this latest Inifinty pack!

It's unbelievable to think that all these kits began with just using the Roland stocks!
    I'm finding something I love about each and every kit which is unthinkable in most modules.

I have my user kits mapped out across 6 toms with no issues at all concerning synthecnicity (Word?)

Can't pick a favourite, they all offer something amazing.

In all honesty, and perhaps somewhat surprisingly, "McPunchy" is probably one of my lesser favourites which I wasn't expecting.
    (Apart from the phased cowbell, I don't hear a lot of Def Lep influence in it, and I am a massive Lep Fan).

Anyways, that minor gripe aside, Many thanx for this pack, you have most certainly put the Roland back in the game IMHO.
    Downloaded from Australia, I'll certainly be getting the next one as well!!!!
    Customer for life!

Cheers,
    Vig.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Glad you guys like it!

Leave a comment:

• molson
    replied
    Just got this pack - awesome job Alan!.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby Brown
    replied
    Wow, the infinity kits are really well done. Good job man.

Leave a comment:

• Youngguns996
    replied
    Hi Alan,

The Infinity Pack is Great, I think your greatest work so far, I love the Bonzo Kit as well. Thanks for making our TD-50's come back to life. I don't know if you remember when I told you that I actually returned my TD-50 in past but thanks to your Expansion Packs, the TD-50 is back and staying for good.

P.S. I'm still waiting on that Gil Moore (Triumph) Kit we discussed. LOL

Leave a comment:

• PietjePuk100
    replied
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the Bonzo tutorial video. It's always good to see the approach the masters take.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X