Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd announces "Infinity" for the Roland TD-50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very valid and kind review. I think it’s spot on. Thank you so much for taking the time to write it.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post
      Anyone else picked out some favorites yet?
      Totally loving the same kit as you do (the green version, right)

I have reduced the sustain in the transient designer and muffled the toms.

Alan VEX , thanks for the tips on the EQ. Will definitely the EQ settings tomorrow when playing through the PA.
      Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

The more I play the TD-50 using Infinity the more I am impressed. No tweaking just using. I actually managed after years of composing professionally to accidentally trigger Mimic Toms on MIDI channel 10 underneath the Infinity Tom sets for an episode of a show I'm working on. Much like a clown.

Having put away my floppy shoes, horn and unicycle, I am now clearly hearing the subtleties and tuning of the Infinity Toms and relishing the combined power of both Studio X and Infinity Tom instrument sets for copying and pasting into other kits.

Alan, have you noticed there have been more than a few musicians returning to or choosing the TD-50 after the release of Infinity? I have. Thanks again for your work with this module.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

Actually Howstamychi, I have noticed. Our sales for this pack went through the roof. There are a LOT more 50 owners out there than I thought. They're just not here. lol

You guys keep an eye on our YouTube channel. Got a little something coming in the morning.

(link below)
          Alan

Comment

TD-50 Infinity Owners... here's a Bonzo recipe for you to cook up... https://youtu.be/NwqRGe80oPc
            Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the Bonzo tutorial video. It's always good to see the approach the masters take.
              Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / SPD-SX / Superior Drummer 3

Comment

Hi Alan,

The Infinity Pack is Great, I think your greatest work so far, I love the Bonzo Kit as well. Thanks for making our TD-50's come back to life. I don't know if you remember when I told you that I actually returned my TD-50 in past but thanks to your Expansion Packs, the TD-50 is back and staying for good.

P.S. I'm still waiting on that Gil Moore (Triumph) Kit we discussed. LOL
                Roland TD-50DP on Roland TD-30KV Set with an extra PD-108 as another rack tom and a KDA-22P Bass Drum., Also working with Superior Drummer 3. DW Machine Chain Drive Double Bass Pedals & Machine Direct Drive HH Stand, DW 9000 Airlift Throne.

Comment

Wow, the infinity kits are really well done. Good job man.

Comment

Just got this pack - awesome job Alan!.
                    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Glad you guys like it!
                      Alan

Comment

Just wanted to keep the props going for this latest Inifinty pack!

It's unbelievable to think that all these kits began with just using the Roland stocks!
                        I'm finding something I love about each and every kit which is unthinkable in most modules.

I have my user kits mapped out across 6 toms with no issues at all concerning synthecnicity (Word?)

Can't pick a favourite, they all offer something amazing.

In all honesty, and perhaps somewhat surprisingly, "McPunchy" is probably one of my lesser favourites which I wasn't expecting.
                        (Apart from the phased cowbell, I don't hear a lot of Def Lep influence in it, and I am a massive Lep Fan).

Anyways, that minor gripe aside, Many thanx for this pack, you have most certainly put the Roland back in the game IMHO.
                        Downloaded from Australia, I'll certainly be getting the next one as well!!!!
                        Customer for life!

Cheers,
                        Vig.

Comment

Thanks for the kudos. I have an “official” (by name only) DL kit coming in the next release. Based on the Punchy kit, but completely redone.
                          Alan

Comment

For every one who has commented here, would you please share with me what headphones or monitoring setup you use with your kit. Thanks!
                            Alan

Comment

Hey Alan. When using headphones - audio technica ATH M-50's; when using powered speaker - JBL EON G2 15" active.
                              :confused:

Comment

Headphones - Yamaha HPH-MT8's.

Comment

Working...
                                X