Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd announces "Infinity" for the Roland TD-50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a TD-50 again and selling my Mimic because of this Alan!

Comment

Originally posted by tgfoyl1472 View Post
      I'm getting a TD-50 again and selling my Mimic because of this Alan!
      LOL Don't put that on me! Buy it for the digital pads. Consider VEX just icing for the cake.

Not sure you should sell that Mimic, though.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

VEX Infinity = TD-50Extreme.

This pack is incredible, so much good stuff.

Alan, I don't know how you did it but you hit this one out of the ball park. Thanks!
        ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Guys, I am truly humbled this time. Iíve received sooooo many emails and comments like this that it has surprised me immensely. I think Iíve received even more than I did with the Mimic, and thatís where it all started. I have to say, I was actually sweating the new direction on the 50, but I am super glad I trusted my gut and gave it a shot. Thank you all for the incredibly nice words.
          Alan

Comment

Alan, bought the kit Friday, took it to the gig that evening early. did some tweaking here and there, the band love the new sounds. Played Saturday nite gig at our local community oyster roast, had a few drummers in the crowd of about 2000, their comments were .. the best sounding Roland they have ever heard... says a lot about your work my brother.. i told them about you! thanks a lot Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Stump1952 View Post
              Alan, bought the kit Friday, took it to the gig that evening early. did some tweaking here and there, the band love the new sounds. Played Saturday nite gig at our local community oyster roast, had a few drummers in the crowd of about 2000, their comments were .. the best sounding Roland they have ever heard... says a lot about your work my brother.. i told them about you! thanks a lot Greg
              Wow. I thought I was already humbled by all the emails, messages and posts. This experience youíve shared is getting me in the feelz. The sad news? I have to live at this level now.
              Alan

Comment

Alan, I bought this new pack and really like it. As with the Studio X pack I notice a lot of bass on tom 4 when using my PM-30 amplifier. Not sure if that is the intent but thought I would get your feedback?

Comment

Originally posted by bcomer View Post
                  Alan, I bought this new pack and really like it. As with the Studio X pack I notice a lot of bass on tom 4 when using my PM-30 amplifier. Not sure if that is the intent but thought I would get your feedback?
                  Glad you like it! You have two choices... if the BD also seems too much in the PM, then you may want to lower the low end in the Master EQ on each kit till you like the level. If itís just the T4, then do the same only on the T4 EQ. Those are the best options.
                  Alan

Comment

Alan,
                    Are you planning to make these kits available for the TD-17? That would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalstring View Post
                      Alan,
                      Are you planning to make these kits available for the TD-17? That would be awesome.
                      Iíll have to look into it. I honestly have spent no time with the 17 to see what the differences are. It will depend on the differences for whether it will translate well.
                      Alan

Comment

Iíll have to look into it. I honestly have spent no time with the 17 to see what the differences are. It will depend on the differences for whether it will translate well.
                        Cool! I have the Series 3 for the TD-17 but I'd really like these or at least some of them.

Comment

Bought this the other day, thank you Alan for breathing new life into this module.... my mimic is getting a little nervous!
                          Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

After a week of playing around with Infinity I am really quite amazed at the depth of kits this pack offers. I am absolutely loving the Mac Throatster kit. The snare drum is so satisfying on this kit and it can be tuned up nicely as well. The whole kits sounds good dry or wet. Dr. Funk combined with the Dry Cymbal Set and the beast, Mc Punchy, deserve some props as well. These three kits alone are worth the money spent on the entire pack.

This weekend I plan on delving into into the DryCoustic kits.

Anyone else picked out some favorites yet?

Alan, thanks again for such an outstanding product.
                            ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Thanks for the kudos, Chance. You've pointed out a lot of things I slaved over for months. lol
                              Alan

Comment

Best pack by far and is truly getting to the root of this module's sounds and what it is capable of. Problem with the 50 is just the hours and hours that have to be spent in order to get it to sound this good. I truly believe that you have saved them a lot in lost sales by creating these packs. I bought your first 2 TD-50 packs as a trial and if they didnt get the module sounding right I was going to sell it and get the Mimic Pro. The deal was I had already gotten the digi-ride and man, I love that thing. I didnt want to have to go back to my CY-15R. The only gripe I still had was the snare sounds which to be fair and with all due respect I was only able to find 1 or 2 between the first 2 packs that I cared for, just my opinion. The cymbal sounds are excellent in all 3 packs, especially the hats. The toms sound killer on the new Infinity pack as do the bass drums.

I just got it installed last night so I have not even begun tweaking anything yet. On the subject of the Drum-tec packs. I got the metal pack just to see what they had to offer and was pleasantly surprised. I even found a couple snares that sounded pretty darn good and I think they are layering in a tiny bit of a sample in theirs. I saw what you wrote about that subject and agree with your train of thought on that deal.

Anyways, just wanted to say I applaud your efforts sir and look forward to anything you have in the future. Your TD-30 stuff was excellent and helped to sell my old module and get more than expected out of it when I sold it because it had been VEX'd......lol CHeers!
                                Last edited by AcMeKaNiK; 03-11-19, 05:34 PM.
                                TD-30 Module triggering SD3, hodgepodge of pads consisting of KD120, VH11, PD-120, PD-80R, PD-105, PDX100, 2-CY5's, CY-14C, CY-12C, CY-13C/R....all bolted up to an Alesis Forge rack.....lol, with some misc. Gibraltar hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X