X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unstepe
    started a topic Metal Sound Edition Roland TD-50

Metal Sound Edition Roland TD-50

Has anyone had experience with the new Drum-Tec Sound Edition?
    I think it sounds very good on the video.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1CqexnjlOmk

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Couple of weeks. I got hit with a bug and spent a week in bed. Also had some doctor appointments at the same time. Been a bad couple of weeks that pulled me away from everything. Trying to shoot for early March. (that was the goal all along)

Leave a comment:

• unstepe
    replied
    Hey Chris,

Can you tell me when the release will take place?

Leave a comment:

• unstepe
    replied
    It would be great if there is a sound like the drums on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T5_seDNZE

Leave a comment:

• Soultone
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Do you understand what I said? lol
    Was referring to Chris but yes I understand both post.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by Soultone View Post
    To each their own I guess, I don’t play metal but still prefer it.
    Do you understand what I said? lol

Leave a comment:

• Soultone
    replied
    To each their own I guess, I don’t play metal but still prefer it.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Exactly. This is why we abandoned the first attempt at a sample pack. I wanted to experiment with using “attack-less” samples as “underlying body”, but I haven’t had time to get back to it yet. I also fear phasing issues. Using layer sounds with the DSP in Roland modules can produce some crazy phasing issues... the main reason I haven’t jumped into doing it. Quite honestly, I just didn’t feel the result was up to VEX standards. Thus, the reason I want to experiment with alternative ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    Using one shots sample you will loose the grace note and have sound repeat\ machine gunning on speed and higher velocity like this https://youtu.be/N0NZsEtpqNo?t=374

Reducing volume you will get Td-50 sound modeling flavor\ tone in front. Layering one shots sample are good for metal song which are often used today. I would not even bother to use one sample mixed, mixing internal instruments together, you will have much better result on dynamic and tone projection from PPP to FFF.
    Last edited by Chris K; 02-07-19, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Soultone
    replied
    Okay. I searched the page for “samples”, but got nothing for some reason. Thanks. We had planned to do the same down the road.
    Awesome, I know it’s just one shot samples so it’s limited but I think it adds just that right amount of depth when mixed in a small amount. For the snare when you toggle the sample off and on it loses that subtle crack and the Toms seems to need the most help. the drumtec only has snare and kick samples.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Okay. I searched the page for “samples”, but got nothing for some reason. Thanks. We had planned to do the same down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Chance27
    replied

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times, but I’ve yet to see where they say they add samples. (?)
    Here is Drum-Tec’s reply to a question in the comment section of the video.

They sound awesome! Are these recordings of the actual kits or are they TD-50 sounds that have been engineered to replicate the kits? Also, I've never loaded samples into the TD-50 module, can the sounds be altered and customized in the module?

Hey Trent, the kits are based on the TD-50´s internal sounds, but also contain some additional audio samples layered as sub samples. It would probably be better to edit your external samples before importing to the TD-50, the possibilities inside the module are limited, although there are some basic parameters. Kind regards!
    Last edited by Chance27; 02-06-19, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by Soultone View Post

this pack also has user sample added
    I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times, but I’ve yet to see where they say they add samples. (?)

Leave a comment:

• Soultone
    replied
    Originally posted by Chance27 View Post
    From watching their video, Drum-Tec did a good job with the Vintage Sound Edition. There are some good vintage tom and snare sounds in the pack.

this pack also has user sample added

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by BWaj View Post

I seem to remember them suggesting there would be updates. But we're not talking a major thing if it's just improved snare sounds. It would be a similar thing to the modified download they released where their guys edited the on board sounds. Unless it's like you said, they can't use traditional samples with the capabilities of the digital snare.
    I seem to remember one of the artists saying something about an update too during the release, but it was never mentioned again. I think that was either interpreted wrong, or conveyed in the wrong manner. Pretty sure they meant firmware updates as needed. I was told there is no possibility of adding additional internal sounds due to internal memory limitations. Do I hope I’m wrong, or was told wrong? Absolutely!

If we use historical timing, the 30, and the fact the 50 has no expansion slot either as a guideline, that would dictate we should see some “update” materialize within the next year or so. Personally, I’m not holding my breath; but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new flagship instead... in those 2-3 years.

I know there’s always a “hidden” possibility of an SD/USB driven update, but I have my doubts there as well... simply because of the mentioned mem limit. Also, the whole USB update seemed to cause major headaches for the TD-9. I get the feeling they may not want to go through that again.

Some of this is speculation on my part, but based on trustworthy info I’ve gotten over the past year or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X