Metal Sound Edition Roland TD-50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of times, but I’ve yet to see where they say they add samples. (?)
    Here is Drum-Tec’s reply to a question in the comment section of the video.

They sound awesome! Are these recordings of the actual kits or are they TD-50 sounds that have been engineered to replicate the kits? Also, I've never loaded samples into the TD-50 module, can the sounds be altered and customized in the module?

Hey Trent, the kits are based on the TD-50´s internal sounds, but also contain some additional audio samples layered as sub samples. It would probably be better to edit your external samples before importing to the TD-50, the possibilities inside the module are limited, although there are some basic parameters. Kind regards!
    Last edited by Chance27; 02-06-19, 11:37 PM.
    ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Okay. I searched the page for “samples”, but got nothing for some reason. Thanks. We had planned to do the same down the road.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Okay. I searched the page for “samples”, but got nothing for some reason. Thanks. We had planned to do the same down the road.
        Awesome, I know it’s just one shot samples so it’s limited but I think it adds just that right amount of depth when mixed in a small amount. For the snare when you toggle the sample off and on it loses that subtle crack and the Toms seems to need the most help. the drumtec only has snare and kick samples.

Comment

Using one shots sample you will loose the grace note and have sound repeat\ machine gunning on speed and higher velocity like this https://youtu.be/N0NZsEtpqNo?t=374

Reducing volume you will get Td-50 sound modeling flavor\ tone in front. Layering one shots sample are good for metal song which are often used today. I would not even bother to use one sample mixed, mixing internal instruments together, you will have much better result on dynamic and tone projection from PPP to FFF.
          Last edited by Chris K; 02-07-19, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Exactly. This is why we abandoned the first attempt at a sample pack. I wanted to experiment with using “attack-less” samples as “underlying body”, but I haven’t had time to get back to it yet. I also fear phasing issues. Using layer sounds with the DSP in Roland modules can produce some crazy phasing issues... the main reason I haven’t jumped into doing it. Quite honestly, I just didn’t feel the result was up to VEX standards. Thus, the reason I want to experiment with alternative ideas.
            Alan

Comment

To each their own I guess, I don’t play metal but still prefer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Soultone View Post
                To each their own I guess, I don’t play metal but still prefer it.
                Do you understand what I said? lol
                Alan

Comment

Do you understand what I said? lol
                  Was referring to Chris but yes I understand both post.

Comment

It would be great if there is a sound like the drums on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2T5_seDNZE

Comment

Working...
                    X