X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MilosDrummer
    started a topic TD50 custom kits I made for live giging

TD50 custom kits I made for live giging

These are few kits I made on the fly for playing various genres. Tweaked them for few weeks, so they could use some more work, alas I only had time while I was on the ship that got this new drumset. Feel free to edit, comment and delete if they suck

Cheers!
    Attached Files

• Howstamychi
    replied
    Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
    Much appreciated, I just recently realised that the kits I've made could be useful to others. Some td30 ones are on the way, but td12 must wait untill I get a chance to export them since I've only made full module backups.
    Definitely useful and sound/feel cool to play. If you make anymore for the 50 please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• MilosDrummer
    replied
    Much appreciated, I just recently realised that the kits I've made could be useful to others. Some td30 ones are on the way, but td12 must wait untill I get a chance to export them since I've only made full module backups.
    Last edited by MilosDrummer; 01-20-19, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Howstamychi
    replied
    Thank you very much for a kind and thorough feedback! The aidabar1 kit is my main go-to kit and is meant to serve as an allrounder, while others go more genre specific. If I remember, they all still need some work like on the hh (apart from 808, I guess). Since I tried to replicate the kits I made for the td12 and td30 (which I could share also), I mostly struggled with the '80s kit, more specifically the snare and toms. The lack of samples really shows in these cases.
    I for one would recommend TD-12 and TD-30 owners grab these kits if you decide to share. I didn't notice anything sub par in the HH. Maybe since in the 80's songs used one shots so much that would be the way to exploit the sample import feature, going outside the TD-50 sample bank and sampling the beginning of a Human League or Madonna track if you were feeling it. Otherwise grabbing a .wav from a Big Fish Sample CD or Reason Re-fill where you can get genre specific.

But I liked the other kits as well including the 80's kit. I can always call them up as I have them in my kit list. There is definitely a fun factor in V drums and designing kits can be part of it if you aren't sweating recreating the Mimic and just let the TD-30 and 50 be as they are, the unquestionable leader in powerful and dynamic drum synths.

Leave a comment:

• MilosDrummer
    replied
    Thank you very much for a kind and thorough feedback! The aidabar1 kit is my main go-to kit and is meant to serve as an allrounder, while others go more genre specific. If I remember, they all still need some work like on the hh (apart from 808, I guess). Since I tried to replicate the kits I made for the td12 and td30 (which I could share also), I mostly struggled with the '80s kit, more specifically the snare and toms. The lack of samples really shows in these cases.

Leave a comment:

• Howstamychi
    replied

Glad to hear that! Which ones do you find usefull? Currently I'm not playing the td50, but I'm sure I'll have it on some next cruise contract. It would be cool to know why some kits work or not.
    I would have loaded more if I wasn't so maxed out. I chose I believe the first and last kits Kit 141 Woo AidaBar1 and Kit 146 Woo 808. For me they live on 50-51 of the module. Great snare sound on Woo AidaBar1 and the whole kit sounds great. An all purpose kit, you could play a whole gig with this one. Nice choice of tambourine on rim of Tom 1.

Great set up of clean 808 sounds on Woo 808. I added a couple of electro sounds to the rims of a couple of toms. For all the flack TD-50 gets about sounding electronic Roland has always excelled at electronic sounds and makes all the classic drum machines.

I'm all about kits for the TD-50. I'm about to pick up a Mimic, clamp it alongside the TD-50 and swap out pads. All I needed was an extra snare and two TRS cables (one also for the ride bell of the CY-15 crash/ride) and the TD-50 hardware is a complete triggering system for Mimic. I will use the digital ride with both kits and play with some dual configurations. I wouldn't want to lose the TD-50 for several reasons. Better triggering and in many case better sounding VEX cymbals with bow articulations and swells. So much fun to play shallow to deep rim shots on toms and/or load electronic sounds on different areas of the kit. Triggering smooth high hat open - closed anywhere on the kit from the high hat controller. The digital pads. The TD-50 triggering and it's ability to trigger SD3 so incredibly well. The positional sensing. The ride alone. Your kits especially Woo AidaBar1 show well what the TD-50 sounds like in acoustic mode well programmed. It's why I VEX my TD-50 with Foundations and Studio X as they are the standard I want all my user kits to come close to and I am always on the lookout for a new V Expressions or user kit like yours. So thanks again and nice work.

Leave a comment:

• MilosDrummer
    replied
    Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post

Great work here and thank you, I have them in my kit list and a few in the user section too.
    Glad to hear that! Which ones do you find usefull? Currently I'm not playing the td50, but I'm sure I'll have it on some next cruise contract. It would be cool to know why some kits work or not.

Leave a comment:

• Howstamychi
    replied
    These are few kits I made on the fly for playing various genres. Tweaked them for few weeks, so they could use some more work, alas I only had time while I was on the ship that got this new drumset. Feel free to edit, comment and delete if they suck

Cheers!
    Great work here and thank you, I have them in my kit list and a few in the user section too.

Leave a comment:

• MilosDrummer
    replied
    Thanx man, I'm glad you like them!

Leave a comment:

• unstepe
    replied
    Great work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X