Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V Expressions Ltd announces "Professional" for the Pearl Mimic Pro!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Just purchased Professional and enjoying exploring the many choices available. This is my first Vex pack and I am impressed. Please pardon a basic question that reflects my limited understanding of the Mimic after a few months of use:

    Do the settings for each Vex kit reside in the kit settings, the instrument settings, or both? I ask because I am interested in mixing instruments from various Vex kits, but am unclear on how to do this. Obviously I can clone a Vex kit and then change the bass or snare it Kit Edit, but won't that lose all the Vex settings? I don't see anyway in the manual to cut and paste an instrument from one Vex kit to another to mix and match...
    ATV aDrums Artist expanded kit, Mimic Pro. Ludwig 1967 black oyster pearl five piece, Zildjian A custom crashes, A. Zildjian ride and hats.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
      I don't see anyway in the manual to cut and paste an instrument from one Vex kit to another to mix and match...
      http://pearl-electronics-support.com..._v1.0.8.24.pdf page 37

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by RIneuron View Post
        Just purchased Professional and enjoying exploring the many choices available. This is my first Vex pack and I am impressed. Please pardon a basic question that reflects my limited understanding of the Mimic after a few months of use:

        Do the settings for each Vex kit reside in the kit settings, the instrument settings, or both? I ask because I am interested in mixing instruments from various Vex kits, but am unclear on how to do this. Obviously I can clone a Vex kit and then change the bass or snare it Kit Edit, but won't that lose all the Vex settings? I don't see anyway in the manual to cut and paste an instrument from one Vex kit to another to mix and match...
        No, you won't lose any settings by cloning a kit. Clone the main kit you wish to change. Save the instrument(s) from another kit you desire, and simply add it/them to the kit you cloned. If you wish to back this kit up, simply do so. Keep in mind that "master effects" (KitFX Comp & EQ) can change your expectations slightly. I designed Professional to do the best it can when copying from kit to kit, but it's simply any change in KitFX will be slightly noticeable.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          NEW! "Professional" for the Pearl Mimic Pro!
          Alan, Professional for the Mimic Pro, which I just purchased today, is my first V Expressions kit for the Mimic. I own Foundations, Studio X and Infinity for the TD-50 all of which I use almost exclusively in my presets save a few of my own and some of the original electronica kits that came with the module. Infinity in it's entirety and the Tom & Cymbal sets from both Studio X and Infinity are now essential to my playing/recording with the TD-50.

          Already loving the work on professional. Another nod to you and your phenomenal work in this niche of niches business. Thank you.

          Comment


          • #50
            Glad you like it! Thanks for the kind words!
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Comment


            • #51
              Alan, is there a chance the Professional Vex pack for Mimic might be in the sale during this years Black Friday deals?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by jay888bee View Post
                Alan, is there a chance the Professional Vex pack for Mimic might be in the sale during this years Black Friday deals?
                We haven’t decided on a BF sale yet.
                Alan
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Comment


                • #53
                  Alan, any new Mimic packs in the works to take advantage of features like dampening in the latest update?
                  TD-30 module with a TD-20SX kit into a JBL PRX615M stage monitor. DW9000 series hi-hat and double bass pedal. Now using a modified "Nashville" kit on the TD-30.

                  My old band's Youtube Channel: Project Mayhem, all TD-20 mixes.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I’ll be heading back to Mimic development in January.
                    Alan
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X