Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-expressions for TD-17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • V-expressions for TD-17

    Let me say this first. I am not a professional musician. I have been playing music for about 40 years. Mostly guitar but 2 years ago I got a DM-10 kit and have really enjoyed drums a lot. Since then I did my own A2E kit from scratch, I feel bad my poor guitars are very lonely lately. Anyway... I just downloaded and installed V-expressions TD-17 Series 3 pack with 25 new kits. Now keep in mind I am not a Roland hater of the 17, 30, 50 sounds. I also own a Td-9 with the v expressions too but that module is limited. I do think the 17 sounds better than the 50. (Which seems wrong maybe it's just me.) But I can tell you I am blown away on how good these kits sound! Snares sound awesome! And NO machine gunning! (God I hate that term when you read any comment on any module or VST software.)

    Very easy to install. Nice manual for sure. Price is high, but I will tell you these guys really worked hard on this so giving up 50 bucks is fine. I also own SD3 and it is a impressive piece of software but I think these kits / sounds keep right up with it. If you are contemplating downloading this expansion. Do it up! You will love it if you want to see what your TD-17 can do. Thanks Alan and Chris! Nice work!

  • #2
    Thank you for the kind words! I will pass this along to Chris.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comment


    • #3
      Interested.. Did you have any problem re-calibrating your hi-hat after installing the V-expressions? I could never get mine re-calibrated after I installed the kits, had to restore my TD17 to factory default to get it calibrated again. And, found out that the only workaround is to install them one by one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hokuahi View Post
        Interested.. Did you have any problem re-calibrating your hi-hat after installing the V-expressions? I could never get mine re-calibrated after I installed the kits, had to restore my TD17 to factory default to get it calibrated again. And, found out that the only workaround is to install them one by one.
        No I didn't have any problems. I opted to just follow the video Alan made. Took a pic of all my settings and calibration went fine. I wanted the Tom 4 setup because that is how I have mine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Granz121 View Post

          No I didn't have any problems. I opted to just follow the video Alan made. Took a pic of all my settings and calibration went fine. I wanted the Tom 4 setup because that is how I have mine.
          Okay, thanks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Very nice kits indeed. Hoping to see more come. Can you guys gives use more samples to assign them manually if needed?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey guys, I have made a custom kit by combining the TD-17KV and the TD-11K using both modules. What is the best V-expressions pack to use with this set up, for the 17 or the 11, or could I get both?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ChuckH View Post
                Hey guys, I have made a custom kit by combining the TD-17KV and the TD-11K using both modules. What is the best V-expressions pack to use with this set up, for the 17 or the 11, or could I get both?
                Youd be best off emailing Chris through our site, telling him what you need to accomplish (what you play and the application), and letting him make recommendations.
                Alan
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bought and installed the Series 3 pack. I love them, more variation and packs please!
                  Roland TDK17KVX + VExpressions Series 3 Kits
                  Mapex H800 Hi-Hat
                  Mapex P800 Single Pedal
                  Mapex Throne

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

                    Youd be best off emailing Chris through our site, telling him what you need to accomplish (what you play and the application), and letting him make recommendations.
                    Are you all planning to create more packs for the TD-17? I also bought Series 3 and really like it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Xabiss View Post

                      Are you all planning to create more packs for the TD-17? I also bought Series 3 and really like it.
                      Please email Chris through our website. He can answer that question. Hes our 17 guru.
                      Alan
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X