X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 Free MIMIC PRO Preset

152 Free Presets
    https://www.mimicpro.com/presets.html
    Last edited by Chris K; 10-21-18, 09:26 PM.

Thanks Chris for your work and sharing. I did install your first bunch already and there are some very nice kits included. I will try the new ones soon. Thank you and best regards.

Comment

Thanks I added in pdf, the mixer setup this make difference as well mixer on home page, it control the headphone.
      Last edited by Chris K; 03-03-18, 01:29 AM.

Comment

i downloaded whole library again the kits are definitely improved and along with the new kits added very nice, thanks
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Hi Chris,

I also downloaded the updated sound package. Nicely done, great work. Many nice sounds and mixes. With your kits and the VEX Origins we have now a great variety of very nice kits.
          Thank you very much again.
          Best regards Joe

Comment

Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post
            Hi Chris,

I also downloaded the updated sound package. Nicely done, great work. Many nice sounds and mixes. With your kits and the VEX Origins we have now a great variety of very nice kits.
            Thank you very much again.
            Best regards Joe
            Another 10 added, HT series, Kick LOW tuning fat with med to higher click layered and without, and snare higher tuned layered, now total of 88 kits on the same files, minor things adjusted as well.
            Last edited by Chris K; 03-03-18, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Another 10 added, HT series, Kick LOW tuning fat with med to higher click layered and without, and snare higher tuned layered, now total of 88 kits on the same files, minor things adjusted as well.
              Chris,

I love a bunch of your kits, and had started using one of them as the baseline for my "go-to" kit, customizing it to assign all of my extra triggers, etc....

So, thanks again for all of your efforts.

However, I then purchased the Vex kit, and made the global mixer changes that Alan suggests (and they seem to make sense for everyone to get on the same baseline if we are going to be sharing kits, etc...) and it threw off the balance of your kits. Are you planning to absorb these settings into your module so your custom kits reflect this baseline? Or, have you already done that?

Thanks once again!
              eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
              aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
              TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

Hello dear Chris, thanks for all the kits...there are some very nice kits included in your package. I have the same small issue like KGOROWAY, I use the VEX kits now with the Mixer settings from Alan.....3 dB for PHONES and 6dB for subs.....and MASTER 6 dB....YOUR recommended MIXER settings are different which does not match with VEX kits and vise versa. I don't want to slide all the time the MIXER settings just because of changing kits between yours and Alanīs. Would it be possible to use Alanīs MIXER setup, for simplification?
                Thanks!

Comment

+3 on the suggested mixer setup with ChrisK + VEX kits on module at same time.... was just about to ask the same question!!
                  Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-125X pads | ATV + Roland cym | DIY 13" Snare + 14" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
                  Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

It should be fine, my kits was made with equal DB 1db or 3db all get equally increased, I tested and its fine.

Only difference is when someone create kits with not equal DB on mixer, now this can cause difference.

Remember headphone mix and the 5 faders on homepage are synced togheter, don't move them in the home page manually.

I will update the setting picture to 3DB.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 03-06-18, 04:25 PM.

Comment

It should be fine, my kits was made with equal DB 1db or 3db all get equally increased, I tested and its fine.
                      Hmm, I wonder why I perceived such a big difference then? Anyone else feel it was off after switching to the Vex suggestions?

Maybe the entire problem was that I wasn't using equal settings across the board BEFORE vex, and had just gotten used to the way Chris' kits sounded with that configuration? I'll go back and try to listen without any preconceived ideas of what it should sound like...

eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
                      aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
                      TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

ChrisK is talking about changing each of his channels independently. What really needs to be done is his Phones & Master Mixes (and sub-mixes within) need to be brought to a consistent level, and the instruments adjusted for those differences. This will help fix clipping with his kits and yield better results at the end source. You have to think of this module as a completely separate mixer/studio feeding another end point. (DAW/FOH/etc.)

Most of you probably understand this, but faders on the Phones and Master Mixes simply control the volume going to the respective channel. (Phones/Internal Recorder and all Outs) It is important (for ease, send consistency and to avoid clipping) that these mixes be easily set by everyone at a consistent level for their intended end usage. This is why I simplified the process.

I carefully chose the two levels on the Mix channels for their intended use. (internal recording, external DAW recording, & FOH usage) Since the mains/directs send at line level, those can be cranked more. (6dB) I tested this with DAW to ensure a good clean -12 to -10dB signal. (roughly) This leaves headroom for additional mixing and mastering.

However, I chose to keep the internal down a little for clean internal recording as well. (since that's generally used for a one-shot recording with no additional mixing/mastering) I did this because the internal mixer and most aux-in music is going to be peaking at 0dB already. You don't want digital distortion as a result of improper mixer settings.

Regardless, I carefully set instruments to avoid clipping at the source/instrument/mixer and internal/external end point. This leaves minor tweaking as personally desired at the instrument level for sends. (for all - Phones and Master for DAW & FOH) This is also important to handle this way for adjusting a kit for fitting with different music. (maybe a snare needs to be lowered, but not both layers )

So, I set faders for the Master outs for their strongest, yet cleanest, signal possible. The faders for the Phones controls the mix fed to the phones channel, which is what your internal recorder is monitoring, as well as you headphones. I dropped this for clean internal 0dB recording. You have a "master" headphone slider separately so you can have an independent mixer, and independent personal phones master volume fader. All this results in numerous options for you, your recording, and your engineer.

With ChrisK using various level mixing, he is kind of using the end-point method. This leads to more mixing needs when faced with a new application. I would imagine there is some clipping going on both internally, as well as externally. Red monitoring should confirm this. So, if he simply goes back and adjusts his Master /Phones mixes for consistency, and likewise adjusts the instrument levels as I have for an end intention, everyone will be happy and any clipping experienced with his kits should remedy itself.

Hope that helps.
                        Alan
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I would imagine there is some clipping going on both internally, as well as externally. Red monitoring should confirm this. So, if he simply goes back and adjusts his Master /Phones mixes for consistency, and likewise adjusts the instrument levels as I have for an end intention, everyone will be happy and any clipping experienced with his kits should remedy itself.

I did not saw any red clipping in mimic monitor? unless someone move the zone volume on triggers setup above 10, 20 etc. but I would not start recommending trigger setting tweaking these individually, because each triggers behave differently, I leave them all to default 0. When I use mimic record internally, I need to amplify the track to about 8DB because its too much low in the daw.

I tested 3 headphone, sennheiser and audio technica, both needed to be at 95% to get normal volume, tried sony 7510, way louder, headphone volume need to be set at 50% to match the others volume, its way louder, there is no consistency for each headphone, either need to be high, med etc also ear foam isolation make difference on volume\sound.

I tried 1db to 3db make no difference on the sound with my headphone.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 03-06-18, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kgoroway View Post

Maybe the entire problem was that I wasn't using equal settings across the board BEFORE vex,
                            it should have been set to 1DB for all, this might be the difference you noticed, this is how I did them with 1DB for all, change to 3db, only volume get higher, but still the sound is the same.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 03-06-18, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I did not saw any red clipping in mimic monitor? unless someone move the zone volume on triggers setup above 10, 20 etc. but I would not start recommending trigger setting tweaking these individually, because each triggers behave differently, I leave them all to default 0. When I use mimic record internally, I need to amplify the track to about 8DB because its too much low in the daw.

I tested 3 headphone, sennheiser and audio technica, both needed to be at 95% to get normal volume, tried sony 7510, way louder, headphone volume need to be set at 50% to match the others volume, its way louder, there is no consistency for each headphone, either need to be high, med etc also ear foam isolation make difference on volume\sound.

I tried 1db to 3db make no difference on the sound with my headphone.
                              I tried your kits the day you put them up and had a lot of clipping, but I have not tried any since you started updating. I was just guessing based on that first upload. By the way, trigger settings really shouldn't play into this. That's between the player and pad... not the kits. I mean, I see what you're saying, but I highly doubt anyone is pumping them up like that. (unless they have some seriously bad cones lol)

Headphone volumes don't really matter. That's all down to impedance anyway.

as for the 1-3 dB, I'm not sure where you're talking about. The main mixers? Right?

How do you normally monitor? Are you running to a board?
                              Alan
                              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
                              X