TD-25: Your custom made kit........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-25: Your custom made kit........

I simply wanted to start a topic for the TD-25, and wanted people to shout out there own custom made kits, no V Expressions, no Roland add on kits, but kits you programmed yourself on your TD-25. List all the settings you did and if you tried to model it after a specific drum set, using it for a specific music genre or just something you think sounds really good. I hope we all chime in!!!!
    Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS, Drum-tec real feel heads. DW 9002 and DW 9500, Vater Sugar Maple Sticks
    Roland RH-300V headphones..... 20 years of playing.... I still suck........

I'll post one of the kits I made up, I tried to base the sound off of my acoustic kit that I bought when I was like 18-19, a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage.

Snare: 40s maple, tuning +10, tape 1
    bass drum: 22" birch, tuning +10, muffling weight
    toms: 10, 12, 14 natural, tuning -5, muffling tape 2
    hi hats: 14" custom, tuning 14"
    ride: 22" custom, tuning 22", sustain: -15
    crash 1: 16" custom, tuning 16", sustain -5
    crash 2: 18" custom, tuning 18", sustain -5
    china: 18" smooth, tuning 18", sustain -10
    Reverb: Studio 1, Level 70

let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by jstevens66; 04-15-18, 04:38 PM.
    Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS, Drum-tec real feel heads. DW 9002 and DW 9500, Vater Sugar Maple Sticks

Comment

thanks to this post it gave my kit a whole new life really like this kit jstevens thanks for posting this

Comment

Great kit jstevens. Has anyone ever created and posted band-specific kits? For instance, is there a TD-25 kit posted anywhere to get the Doobie Brothers sound?...or the Foreigner sound?

Comment

Wish I had a kit to contribute, however I wanted to say I LOVE your kit! Awesome tight funk set, thank you!

One thing tho, what are your Kit Edit settings, specifically reverb level and multi effects?

Thanks again for a great kit!

Comment

Originally posted by ImagesByJDA View Post
            Wish I had a kit to contribute, however I wanted to say I LOVE your kit! Awesome tight funk set, thank you!

One thing tho, what are your Kit Edit settings, specifically reverb level and multi effects?

Thanks again for a great kit!

Hey, sorry I totally forgot to put the reverb in it. The reverb was at Studio 1, level is set at 70. Enjoy!!!! I'll try to put a more rock kit on soon. Thanks for trying out the kit too!!!!!!
            Last edited by jstevens66; 04-15-18, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markd View Post
              Great kit jstevens. Has anyone ever created and posted band-specific kits? For instance, is there a TD-25 kit posted anywhere to get the Doobie Brothers sound?...or the Foreigner sound?
              I never have, but I'll put a kit on in a day or so that is aimed more towards rock

Comment

Originally posted by fredbear View Post
                thanks to this post it gave my kit a whole new life really like this kit jstevens thanks for posting this
                Your welcome fredbear!!!!! I'm glad you liked it, I'll post another one for you to try out soon. Keep on rocking man!!!

Comment

Ok, so here's another kit I made up geared more towards rock, hope you like it!!!!

Snare: Stainless, tuning +15, tape 2
                  Kick: 22" Birch, tuning +10, tape 2
                  Toms: Rock 14", 16", 18" tuning -5, tape 1
                  Hi Hats: 15" Heavy, tuning 15"
                  Ride: 22" Custom, tuning 22", sustain 0
                  Cymbal 1: 18" Dark Crash, tuning 18", sustain -5
                  Cymbal 2: 18" Dark Crash, tuning 20", sustain -5
                  Cymbal 3: 16" Swish China, tuning 18", sustain 0
                  Reverb: Studio 1, Level 100

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jstevens66 View Post
                    Ok, so here's another kit I made up geared more towards rock, hope you like it!!!!

Snare: Stainless, tuning +15, tape 2
                    Kick: 22" Birch, tuning +10, tape 2
                    Toms: Rock 14", 16", 18" tuning -5, tape 1
                    Hi Hats: 15" Heavy, tuning 15"
                    Ride: 22" Custom, tuning 22", sustain 0
                    Cymbal 1: 18" Dark Crash, tuning 18", sustain -5
                    Cymbal 2: 18" Dark Crash, tuning 20", sustain -5
                    Cymbal 3: 16" Swish China, tuning 18", sustain 0
                    Reverb: Studio 1, Level 100

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!!!
                    Another great kit jstevens...thanks. I still wish there were a way to get kits that are tailored to the specific sound of different classic rock bands.

Comment

Originally posted by markd View Post

Another great kit jstevens...thanks. I still wish there were a way to get kits that are tailored to the specific sound of different classic rock bands.
                      For something like that you should create your own custom kit, just spend sometime listening, tweaking, editing all the drum sounds, do it while you are listening to the band as well, like play the song through the module while you are creating your kit and just try to match the sounds as much as you can, it might take a little time, but it will be well worth it. Let me know how you make out, maybe even post a kit that you create!!!!

Comment

Just before bed last night I started messing about trying to get what I wanted to hear.....finally got it after changing the snare, then I didnít like the toms anymore ....long story short when I finished up around 330 am.......be interesting to see what they sound like in the light of day.....Iím at work now but Iíll post up my setting tonight

Comment

Just before bed last night I started messing about trying to get what I wanted to hear.....finally got it after changing the snare, then I didnít like the toms anymore ....long story short when I finished up around 330 am.......be interesting to see what they sound like in the light of day.....Iím at work now but Iíll post up my setting tonight
                          Yes!!!!!! Can't wait to try it out.... did you model it after a specific kit or music genre?

Comment

Im gonna have to tweek it out a bit sounds alot different with the P.A. on the sub sits right behind me so I can sort of get that feel you get from real drums......Anyway ive been really lusting after the apex armory drums and almost traded the 25 for them and a really nice set of cymbals. but then I started thinking that people are always here never would not have a chance to play them.........So yes Ive been working on trying to get it to sound like the apex armory series.

After hearing them on the speakers rather then headphones it sounded tooo much even after adjusting the sub im going mess with the reverb tonight the 420 weekend got the best of me

Comment

Im gonna have to tweek it out a bit sounds alot different with the P.A. on the sub sits right behind me so I can sort of get that feel you get from real drums......Anyway ive been really lusting after the apex armory drums and almost traded the 25 for them and a really nice set of cymbals. but then I started thinking that people are always here never would not have a chance to play them.........So yes Ive been working on trying to get it to sound like the apex armory series.

After hearing them on the speakers rather then headphones it sounded tooo much even after adjusting the sub im going mess with the reverb tonight the 420 weekend got the best of me
                              Ok, no rush. I usually play through headphones as well, rarely ever use the drum monitor. I'm sure it sounds great, post when you can. Can't wait to try it!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X