This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Six View Post

Doesn't sound isolated starting at this point - https://youtu.be/sPaA1VHUAB8?t=31 listen closely. I asked, because I want to know the true sound of the sample.
    I think he left the beginning, because it's a lofi intro. That said, Crammit most likely just drops the drums to a very low amount. It shouldn't make a difference on what's added, at that level. You can see the levels in the video.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I am REALLY having a blast with the VXR Very Raw DW, a bunch of the Studio kits, Classic Rocker, Old School, and a few others!!!!

I felt like the Origins kits became orphans LOL, so I was playing them again tonight... One question, and it might be painfully dumb and I might have overlooked something obvious, but when I did the 1.0.8 update I got the revised Orgins pack emailed from Alan and re-imported all them back.. I noticed they are much lower in volume compared to the surReals, and upon inspection under the KIT FX tab for a lot of the Origins kits they are set to -6.0 or -6.1 dB Kit Volume. Alan, is that the way they should be? If I raise them back up to 0.0 dB they sound much more even against the surReal kits. Let me know if that's the way to go about things.
      Last edited by Trip McNealy; 09-24-18, 08:31 PM.
      Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-125X pads | ATV + Roland cym | DIY 13" Snare + 14" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
      Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• I donít remember off the top of my head, but the update manual I included states the changes I made. They might be slightly mellower than the VXR because the cymbals are more brilliant in the VXR kits. Simply try increasing the kit volume, if you like.
        Alan

Comment

• The songs files from crammit are the same jammit song files shared from users, it's up to how the song was made and isolated.
          Last edited by Chris K; 09-25-18, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I think he left the beginning, because it's a lofi intro. That said, Crammit most likely just drops the drums to a very low amount. It shouldn't make a difference on what's added, at that level. You can see the levels in the video.
            In reality "everyone" can do it they are only using EQ and remove frequency, inversed phase etc, these are not studio track isolated but made by 3rd party people to isolate them much as possible, they sound much better than covers drumless. There is tutorial on how to isolate track on the net.
            Last edited by Chris K; 09-25-18, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

In reality "everyone" can do it they are only using EQ and remove frequency, inversed phase etc, these are not studio track isolated but made by 3rd party people to isolate them much as possible, they sound much better than covers drumless. There is tutorial on how to isolate track on the net.
              That's essentially what I wrote. lol
              Alan

Comment

• Alan, great job on the latest Vex pack for the Mimic Pro. Thank you for your time and effort. A quick question. I play 3 up and 2 down (8,10,12,14,16) Is there anyway way of dialling in settings to make an 8 inch Tom sound so I can achieve my 5 Tom sounds? Still no luck on the crash cymbal loading automatically in all the kits by the way. Iíve done the latest firmware update etc. I just have to keep loading it on every kit I use. Very strange!

Comment

• Originally posted by jay888bee View Post
                  Alan, great job on the latest Vex pack for the Mimic Pro. Thank you for your time and effort. A quick question. I play 3 up and 2 down (8,10,12,14,16) Is there anyway way of dialling in settings to make an 8 inch Tom sound so I can achieve my 5 Tom sounds? Still no luck on the crash cymbal loading automatically in all the kits by the way. Iíve done the latest firmware update etc. I just have to keep loading it on every kit I use. Very strange!
                  You can copy the toms to additional inputs, and then just adjust tunings across the entire set. Keep in mind that the OHs for toms are slightly panned, and you cannot control that panning. So, make sure you are using the firs 1 or 2 toms for left sides, and the 3 and 4 toms for right sides. Otherwise, you will hear a very strange stereo phase sound, and not know what it is. (in other words, you never want to use low toms on the left... and visa-versa, because their OHs are set to the right)

As for your cymbal issue, that seems to be library related. If I remember correctly, you said that was affecting default kits as well? I'd need a lot more detailed info to give more input on it.
                  Alan

Comment

• As for your cymbal issue, that seems to be library related. If I remember correctly, you said that was affecting default kits as well? I'd need a lot more detailed info to give more input on it.[/QUOTE]

So what do us lefties do for proper visual/audio panning?

Comment

• Originally posted by Npratt View Post

So what do us lefties do for proper visual/audio panning?
                      To keep true stereo imagery, right now you can only flip your headphones or monitoring. I say this because the OHs & RM cannot be flipped. They are recorded proper for right-handers, but have no option to flip pan. I have asked Sergey to add this option. All I know is it is on the to-do list. Itís a huge need, honestly.
                      Alan

Comment

• I run my Mimic through a little Mackie mixer to studio monitors. You could reverse the panning in a mixer for left hand playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Six View Post

Doesn't sound isolated starting at this point - https://youtu.be/sPaA1VHUAB8?t=31 listen closely. I asked, because I want to know the true sound of the sample.
                          The Intro of that song uses programmed Drums or Drumcomputersounds. Thats why they played even if I muted the Drumtrack in Crammit. ;-). You can see also in the Notation (right Window) that the Drums are start to play after that intro!
                          Jobeky Pads, Roland TD50-DP (upgrade pack), Roland Cymbals, aTV aDrums, Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0,

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkuZ View Post

The Intro of that song uses programmed Drums or Drumcomputersounds. Thats why they played even if I muted the Drumtrack in Crammit. ;-). You can see also in the Notation (right Window) that the Drums are start to play after that intro!
                            I said the same thing...

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                              I run my Mimic through a little Mackie mixer to studio monitors. You could reverse the panning in a mixer for left hand playing.
                              When I do a video with the camera in front of my kit I just reverse the L and R XLR's going into my Zoom Q8. Works great, I keep the drummer's audio perspective in my headphones, but get the audience perspective in the video.
                              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X