This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Six View Post
    Gm Alan, When you do your video's will you please include some that will focus on how to effectively tweak your kits or another for that matter. For a newbie like myself, that would be very helpful in getting through this learning curve. There is so much in MP it can be overwhelming. There are no useful YTubes or other outlets to help perfect the use of this magnificent product.

If Pearl is reading, HINT HINT!
    I do plan to do a series on this topic, but don't expect me to give away all my secrets. lol

As for learning this module, you really should just look up some "mixing drums" videos. After all, you have a mini studio in front of you.
    Alan

Comment

• Hi Alan,

Loving the sounds of your kits.

Would you mind telling me which snare/snares you used for the "Stevie" kit?

Many thanks

Flint

Comment

• if you have the mimic pro, on bottom middle of home screen, there's a kit button, click on it and you will see all instruments in the kit.
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• Here is the first of 3 videos showcasing the Origins expansion. I've tried my best to keep the sound quality high - but you know what YT is like!

I'm demonstrating 11 kits in total. There are 4 in this first video. The Hakim kit is really inspiring. I can't believe how good the first clip sounds. I hope you recognise the drum part!!!

Video's 2 and 3 will get uploaded tomorrow night.

Take it easy on me - I was improvising. I just want to show off the sounds. Alan, they are freaking amazing

Pearl Mimic Pro with Drum-Tec 7pc Pro Series, ATV hats, ride and 16” crash, and a few old Roland CY14s

Comment

• very nice video......great demo of some of the VEX Origins kits

Comment

• Originally posted by jouxplan View Post
              ...Alan, they are freaking amazing
              lol Thank you my friend! Loving the video. Can't wait to see the others!
              Alan

Comment

• I totally forgot to pack my new Zoom Q2n recorder to the gig last night - we played a DMB song #41 and I used the Beauford kit. It was awesome!!

I used the Copeland kit on Santeria - the snare and ride bell are just like his Signature items! The 1970 and 75 kit were also well done and I love the toms on the Masterworks kit.
                Last edited by Trip McNealy; 03-09-18, 08:04 AM.
                Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-125X pads | ATV + Roland cym | DIY 13" Snare + 14" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
                Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post
                  I totally forgot to pack my new Zoom Q2n recorder to the gig last night - we played a DMB song #41 and I used the Beauford kit. It was awesome!!

I used the Copeland kit on Santeria - the snare and ride bell are just like his Signature items! The 1970 and 75 kit were also well done and I love the toms on the Masterworks kit.
                  So cool to read this; and I am so happy it has re-inspired your gigging.
                  Alan

Comment

• Here is Video 2 of 3. Four more VEX 'Origins' kits

I find the Bubinga kit (2nd clip in video) incredibly inspiring. The power is stunning, and I am getting unbelievable dynamics. It really lends itself to an atmospheric groove, as I have attempted to convey in the video.

The Simon Phillips kit is a very close second - again, a great, great power sound. I love it. Also in this video is the Copeland kit; and 'Modern Ska', which has some real high toms.

Hope you enjoy this - especially you Alan, and of course Sergey. You guys should pat yourselves on the back!!

3rd and final 'Origins' video tomorrow. A bit of Colauita coming up

Pearl Mimic Pro with Drum-Tec 7pc Pro Series, ATV hats, ride and 16” crash, and a few old Roland CY14s

Comment

• Nice Video from Allan, I think he is already setup for a new Radio channel as well, let say in random 12.9 lol
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77fYmw4uMYs
                      Last edited by Chris K; 03-14-18, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                        Nice Video from Allan, I think he is already setup for a new Radio channel as well, let say in random 12.9 lol
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77fYmw4uMYs
                        Thanks, Chris. Lots more planned... but no radio station... lol ...might look into live Q&A streaming at some point.
                        Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

but no radio station... lol ...
                          I was hoping about, Good morning Vexed people, this is Allan lol

Rolf
                          Vexed_(TV_series)_title.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexed
                          Last edited by Chris K; 03-14-18, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• great video and wealth of info Alan, thanks
                            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• Just curious, are there more vex packs coming? I'm sure origins isn't the only one ever, but are more being made now or are you on a well deserved break for a little while Alan?

Id be very interested in an artist's pack featuring guys like Nicko McBrain, Mike Portnoy, Lars Ulrich, Todd Sucherman, Neil Peart, Doc Killdrums, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
                                Just curious, are there more vex packs coming? I'm sure origins isn't the only one ever, but are more being made now or are you on a well deserved break for a little while Alan?

Id be very interested in an artist's pack featuring guys like Nicko McBrain, Mike Portnoy, Lars Ulrich, Todd Sucherman, Neil Peart, Doc Killdrums, etc
                                Second is inn the works already. There will be a second Sucherman version. I'll consider Lars. Might do a newer Peart version. I may do a DT, but I hate Portnoy with a passion. lol ETA is May/June.

I'm going to focus more on acoustics.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X