• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=TWynn;n1179787]
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    Pre-Order Group: Check your emails!

Hey Alan,

Below are my personal review/feedback on the 4 kits that Secret Santa delivered last night. A side note, I do not use head phone, I have Mimic route out to pair of Bose F1 + sub & 2 passive speakers.
    One word --> WOW. You are wicked freaking good!! These kits are taking my "enjoy of playing" to the next level, since I got the Mimic!
    So far, I've found myself keep wanting to play the Hakim & Peart kits. Can't believe I'm having so much fun with the 8" tom specially the Peart's kit. Not in any particular orders, below are my fav things:
    1. Crystal clean sound & nicely tuned across 4 kits.
    2. 8Ē tom sounds ridiculously good.
    3. Hi-hat is unbelievable realistic. It is impossible to tell if this is an E or A hi-hat from the sound.
    4. Snare - I don't even know where to begin, because it is THAT good! If I must pick 1 single fav thing out, it would be THE SNARE! Lol.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!
    Thank you for the very kind words, and the sparkling review! Those Bose help as well. I appreciate the feedback!
    Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

As mentioned, check your email. I sent it separately. You'll need 38 for VEX Kits.
      Got it. Thank you!

Comment

• Love to hear a demo of the final kits!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
          Love to hear a demo of the final kits!
          They won't truly be "final" until the expansion is released in February. I'm trying for January, but I dont't want to rush. The last phase of development/production always invloves final tweaks to levels, EQ, and minor tuning/mix... just a"polishing stage" at the end for consistency.
          Alan

Comment

• Just did the system update, backup, and kit installation as you outlined - worked perfect. The kits sound amazing - keep up the good work Alan. Thanks and Merry Christmas....

Comment

• Today's Development Update: Added a little dry 70's kit today. I also have a wonderful Colaiuta kit from this video. (starts at a mind-numbing fill )

These are recordings I make during the production process. These are recorded directly in the module with drumless tracks often found on YouTube.
              Pardon my crappy playing and mistakes.
              (right-click to download and play)

Bonzo 1 Bonham kit (still tweaking all aspects)
              Bonzo 2 Bonham kit (still tweaking all aspects)
              Bonzo 3 Bonham kit (still tweaking all aspects)
              Brian Brian Adams kit
              Country unnamed 90's more raw rock kit
              Green unnamed 90's more raw rock kit - not specifically a Green Day kit!
              Hats Dry funky unnamed kit used during hi-hat settings testing
              Heart unamed clean compressed kit (we've only just begun, it will change drastically)
              Jam 1 (test of the Paramore kit)
              Jam 2 (test of the Paramore kit)
              Jamie 5150 kit from 1986, w/ a snare that may never be achieved, playing a 1978 song
              Jimmy unamed rock kit
              Jump 5150 kit from 1986, w/ a snare that may never be achieved, playing a 1984 song
              Limelight Rush kit still in progress (cross between Moving pictures, Live Performance & modern mixing)
              Minds (test of the Paramore kit, will be doing a dedicated SM kit)
              Para 1 Paramore kit (test 1)
              Para 2 Paramore kit (test 2)
              Para 3 Paramore kit (test 3)
              Police (more lively version)
              Policia (slightly tweaked update)
              Rosanna unnamed 90's more raw rock kit - definitely not specifically a Toto kit!
              Satch (test of the Paramore kit)
              Sherona Example of Bonham kit with another band. (still tweaking, would require additional mixing)
              Subdivisions Rush kit still in progress (cross between Moving pictures, Live Performance & modern mixing)
              Sun (test of the Paramore kit)
              YYZ Rush kit still in progress (cross between Moving pictures, Live Performance & modern mixing)

New Today:
              Stevie Dry little 70's kit for everything mellow from the 70's Works well for the Eagles too!
              Attached Files
              Alan

Comment

Today's Development Update: Added a little dry 70's kit today. I also have a wonderful Colaiuta kit from this video. (starts at a mind-numbing fill )
                Fantastic I forgot totally ! also maybe Steve Gadd snare

Happy Holiday!

Ps: Nice Stevie Dry little 70's kit
                Last edited by Chris K; 12-23-17, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I've updated to 1.0.6 but need an app to open MUP file on my Mac OS 10.13.2. Can someone recommend what prgm to download? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumster View Post
                    I've updated to 1.0.6 but need an app to open MUP file on my Mac OS 10.13.2. Can someone recommend what prgm to download? Thanks!
                    The computer doesnít open it. The module loads it.
                    Attached Files
                    Alan

Comment

• Thanks to Mr. Boo, I got my issues figured out and fixed.. The VEXXmas gift is most awesome! One weird thing is that I lose cross-stick sounds with those kits? I have them with all the included MP kits, just not the 4 Vex? I am using a strike pro for the pads and cyms..thanks everyone!!! Happy Holidays to all!

Comment

• Originally posted by drumrjoe View Post
                        Thanks to Mr. Boo, I got my issues figured out and fixed.. The VEXXmas gift is most awesome! One weird thing is that I lose cross-stick sounds with those kits? I have them with all the included MP kits, just not the 4 Vex? I am using a strike pro for the pads and cyms..thanks everyone!!! Happy Holidays to all!
                        I havenít done the crosssticks yet.
                        Alan

Comment

I havenít done the crosssticks yet.
                          Ahh. got it.. forget I said anything! haha..

Comment

• Originally posted by drumrjoe View Post

Ahh. got it.. forget I said anything! haha..
                            I think Iím going to put them on Aux5. I think many enjoy keeping the rimshot in place, and it also seems many are moving to something like the BT-1 with the Mimic. Opinions are welcome.
                            Alan

Comment

• Why not using threshold on snare? I am using 2 articulation sound on the rim zone together, low velocity one sound, and higher another sound...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                                Why not using threshold on snare? I am using 2 articulation sound on the rim zone together, low velocity one sound, and higher another sound...
                                At the volumes of produced kits, I was having issues with different levels. However, I did not spend much time on it. Iíll work with it again soon.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X