This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    I'm doing my best fellas. I'm finding more limitations, when it comes to tuning. The Copeland kit(s) is nearly impossible, but I have everything but the top two toms sounding amazing. I had to vary tuning, which was disappointing. BD, SN, HH, etc. freakin' rock, though.

I also did the Wackerman kit. It turned out nice.

I think we should start limiting the "thin" kits. This module is capable of far better than 80s & 90s kits and mixing.
    for higher tuning range, take the latest free toms set available 8" 10" , and mix them with others or take 10" 12" toms that use higher tune, you wont see much difference when mixing toms sets brand together.
    Last edited by Chris K; 12-05-17, 09:09 PM.
    [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
      for tuning take the latest free toms available 8" 10" , and mix them with others or take others toms that use higher tune, you wont see much difference when mixing tom brand together.
      I'm talking specifically about older thin toms, like Copelands. Trust me. I tried several things. It's not really possible to thin out the others, and make them sound authentic.

The Mimic definitely needs some concert and thin toms.
      Alan

Comment

The Mimic definitely needs some concert and thin toms.
        I wish I did not sell my tama imperial stars and recorded before, I had 6" to 18" concert toms set, + 24 kick, but once a while I can get one, I bought it around 700$ USD. Few sound pack and editor we will able to cover all things. At least I have Maple 6" to 12"
        Last edited by Chris K; 12-06-17, 06:00 AM.

Comment

So, let's go ahead and start the wish list here as well. Things I want to know from those looking to possibly add kits from VEX in the future...

1. Kits (brands, woods, etc.)
          2. Styles (hard comped, soft comped, raw... think rock, country, acoustic, etc.)
          3. Drummers (not that I intend to do a "Top 50", but well-known drummer sound styles would be nice to know)
          4. Cymbals (brands, bright/dry, etc.)
          5. Desired Routing (I/O wet, dry, etc.)

I'm just looking for a general consensus. Studio X for the TD-50 has had an amazing response, so I will probably stay in that frame of mind for the first MP pack. However, I can incorporate the above with my design and development.
          1) Kits.... Tama Starclassic, Maple, Birch, Bubinga...etc
          2) Not really sure right now
          3) Copeland, Bonham, Gadd, Simon Phillips, Omar Hakim, etc
          4) Paiste Signatures...
          5) not sure right now

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by drumrjoe View Post

1) Kits.... Tama Starclassic, Maple, Birch, Bubinga...etc

Thanks!
            agreed with above
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• Yes band, acoustic kit
              Last edited by Chris K; 12-07-17, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Pearl Jam
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA
                Last edited by Chris K; 12-08-17, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• I get the sense from others' posts that some excellent mix settings for different styles would be very useful. Someone was asking for an ACDC kit at one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                    I get the sense from others' posts that some excellent mix settings for different styles would be very useful. Someone was asking for an ACDC kit at one point.
                    This has been the plan all along.
                    Alan

Comment

• Okay guys, I have plenty of material to go on. Mainly, it just verifies what I expected. Thanks!
                      Alan

Comment

Okay guys, I have plenty of material to go on. Mainly, it just verifies what I expected. Thanks!
                        There was Istanbul warehouse waiting, maybe next time.

Comment

• Worked on a hard kit today. It's a Paramore kit that will serve as a base for other hard kits. While working, I always record mixes with various bands to see how it goes. Here are some examples.

Bonus... I added a Police sample. It will get a little more work, but it's pretty nice. It's more of an acoustic version. (more lively than recordings) Snare is from one era, tomes from another, and the rest pretty standard Copeland.

Pardon the playing and mistakes. Some of these were after many hours of work, and I was getting pooped.

(this might be two posts... I think attachments are limited to five)
                          Attached Files
                          Alan

Comment

• Continued....
                            Attached Files
                            Alan

Comment

• This is really good, there was snare I was looking for and you hit the nail on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                                This is really good, there was snare I was looking for and you hit the nail on them.
                                Iím going to do a few more versions of that snare. Brighter bottom, different comps, etc.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X