This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEX & Mimic Pro

This is for the VEX guys (Allan, Chris, ???). Do you have any future plans on releasing kits for the Mimic PRO?

I was/am very excited about the MP and was about to place an order to purchase. However, after reading many of the comments here I'm becoming a bit leery. I am by no means an audio expert or not that much of a techie. It appears this unit is hardly "plug-and-play" but rather requires quite a bit of setup, adjusting, fine tuning, tweaking, etc. of which I am not familiar. If you guys were to offer kits for the MP similar to the magic you perform for Roland modules that may alleviate much of my concern.

I realize this module is still under minor development with Pearl working out some of the bugs and is limited in availability but at some time in the near future I assume that will not be an issue. Just wondering if this module is on your radar screen. . .

I am planning to pick up a Mimic, as we've had several emails asking for our services on it. However, I wasn't planning to do this until 2018.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Alan. Any further updates as to your plans with the Mimic Pro? Earlier than 2018??? If not, Fairly early IN 2018?

I'd like to make the jump, but I'm THAT in love with Vex kits! I love the convenience of picking the right kit EXACTLY for any given song we're covering. Until there's a Mimic VEX I don't think I can seriously consider getting one.

Anthony
      Show Kit: TD-50+TD-17, PD-140DS, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-18DR, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
      Practice Kit: TD-17, PD-128BC, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-15R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

I知 not giving this serious consideration until at least spring. (post NAMM) I致e got too much going on right now, and trying to get our next pack finished for Black Friday.

That said, I do want to get the module, personally. I知 just not 100% sure we池e going to support it just yet. I mean, why try to compete with Pearl/Slate if they already plan to release expansions? We値l watch and see how far they go in expanding first. If they pile it on, it will likely not be worth the competition. If they get lazy, then we may see it as worth the time, and beneficial to Mimic owners. Hard to say just yet. NAMM should be quite telling, IMO.
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
          I知 not giving this serious consideration until at least spring. (post NAMM) I致e got too much going on right now, and trying to get our next pack finished for Black Friday.

That said, I do want to get the module, personally. I知 just not 100% sure we池e going to support it just yet. I mean, why try to compete with Pearl/Slate if they already plan to release expansions? We値l watch and see how far they go in expanding first. If they pile it on, it will likely not be worth the competition. If they get lazy, then we may see it as worth the time, and beneficial to Mimic owners. Hard to say just yet. NAMM should be quite telling, IMO.
          But he was talking on preset, there is lots of room to be made for this, as for expansion instruments sound this is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

But he was talking on preset, there is lots of room to be made for this, as for expansion instruments sound this is another story.
            Send me a module, and I値l get right on it.
            Alan

Comment

Not that it matters but I too am a great admirer of VEX kits. Now that I have purchased a Mimic I most certainly would be a candidate. I've been playing with all the PMP settings but to be honest, not much luck. If you guys can duplicate the magic with Mimic as you've done with Roland, I suspect there will be many happy campers (or should I say drummers).

Comment

Well, even if we don稚 do our own samples, I could see where just our normal modeling type services could be beneficial to Mimic owners. Saving people time has always been one of our focal points.
                Alan

Comment

Expansions just mean more sounds and possibilities for more presets. I'm sure there are some limitations with not being able to manipulate to the level you can with Roland but then there are better quality sounds and more variety to choose from. Like more than 2 snares, rides, etc. to choose from to create your presets. This will be constantly growing with new possibilities and you wont have to wait 4 to 6 years for a new module/sounds to work with squeezing blood from a stone.

I am sure if you find its not worth it you can sell the module here and get most of your money back.

i hope you eventually consider it, would like to hear the presets you can create starting with the already amazing sounds in the mimic.

Comment

lol Yea, I was getting all that.

Right now, I知 still recovering financially from three years on dialysis and a kidney transplant. This is why I was waiting until next spring before attempting to get the Mimic. I gotta lot to catch up on.
                    Alan

Comment

Yeah, that comes first and hope thats all going well!

Comment

Send me a module, and I値l get right on it.
                        Alan - Are you saying if we can "some how" get a Mimic module over to you, we can expect a small VEX kit for MP users by holidays? If that is the case, I have this crazy idea and it might not be for everyone.

Let say if we can get like 18-20 people, each will shell out $100 (obvious this $ will be less if we can get more MP users to join). We'll get a Mimic from SW to Alan. That way, he can jump on it and start working on VEX kit for us. The $100 bucks is non-refundable and the MP module is for Alan to keep.
                        I personally will chip-in another $100 to purchase the first kit as soon as it available. For the group, the fee will be minimal (open to discuss) to help out Alan for this effort to get us a VEX kit to play with our MP during holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by TWynn View Post

Alan - Are you saying if we can "some how" get a Mimic module over to you, we can expect a small VEX kit for MP users by holidays? If that is the case, I have this crazy idea and it might not be for everyone.

Let say if we can get like 18-20 people, each will shell out $100 (obvious this $ will be less if we can get more MP users to join). We'll get a Mimic from SW to Alan. That way, he can jump on it and start working on VEX kit for us. The $100 bucks is non-refundable and the MP module is for Alan to keep.
                          I personally will chip-in another $100 to purchase the first kit as soon as it available. For the group, the fee will be minimal (open to discuss) to help out Alan for this effort to get us a VEX kit to play with our MP during holidays.
                          lol Not sure I could deliver that fast.

But sure! If a group of guys wants to fund a module, I will gladly add them to a "private member list" that receive the first couple of packs I do for free. At least they'd get their investment back. It's worth a shot! lol
                          Alan

Comment

lol Not sure I could deliver that fast.

But sure! If a group of guys wants to fund a module, I will gladly add them to a "private member list" that receive the first couple of packs I do for free. At least they'd get their investment back. It's worth a shot! lol
                            Nice, I知 in! Please reply to this thread if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by TWynn View Post

Great idea - count me in! Just let me know when and how to participate.

Steve K.
                              Last edited by EssKayKay; 10-28-17, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X