This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I'll definitely be doing some heavy kits for the 50 pack.
    Awesome! I'll be buying up whatever I can from your site when I get my set.

Comment

• How long till we see (estimate) the next td50 sound pack? Gona need some serious rock/metal sounds as my new td-50k set is coming my way this Tuesday!

Yeah I caved in and decided to stick with the original order for the td-50k for $3900. Figure it will be a great first ekit to break the edrum cherry. Can make changes as I learn what I like or dont like later on.

Forsure be buying up your 2 sets then to get me started hehe.

Comment

• I'm shooting for Black Friday. Not sure I'll hit it. That's why I put Christmas in the newsletter. I don't like rushing myself. Heavy is definitely on the list. Actually, lots of requests are on the list.

In the meantime, you should be very happy with Studio X. Both packs have some harder stuff in them... but are diverse at the same time.

Welcome to the family!
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I have Studio and Foundations- looking for more gigging kits for TD50. I am sure its been asked 1000 times, but a great Def Leppard Hysteria kit would be awesome. Or even some older Ratt & Dokken stufff is in the same arena. Thanks guys. A pack of Rock wav samples / keys, guitars, effects, etc would be great. I have all the old TD12 kits you offered. Love them. Need to get some of those into the TD50 now that I have upgraded.

Comment

• Regarding previous posts in this topic, we will be delaying the 50 packs till spring. Just FYI. Chris and I are both working on stuff. Not sure what weíll end up with. With the limited sounds, Iím finding it hard to create a third pack. Iím starting with more clean and realistic acoustics at this time. I will be moving through to other styles as I progress.
            Alan

Comment

• Haven't been active on here in awhile - was rebuilding and rocking my acoustic kit - but finally updated my TD50 to v1.07 this weekend and also downloaded VEX Infinity. Alan, you keep making this better! This set is for me the most useful (and best sounding) of all of the packs for the 50 so far. I just love how its organized and the set up of the kits makes so much sense. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into "getting this right" Also enjoyed watching your video and found that really helpful as well. Love the dropped stick! LOL. Will provide even more feedback once I've had more time to work with these, but so far fantastic.

Comment

• Thank you for the very kind words. Feel free to join us in the Infinity thread.
                Alan

Comment

• I think the td 50 is a completely ridiculous configuration. Who cares if "modern drummers" are using this set. None of the GREAT drummers play a configuration like that. Roland is completely short sighted and short term profit driven. I wonder if some rich family's daughter who knows nothing about drums actually own and runs the company. LEL I say release only a limited set of kits. Obviously you can't make a set modeled after drummers like Bozzio, Minneman or even Portnoy with it....

Comment

• Originally posted by syyhlxx View Post
                    I think the td 50 is a completely ridiculous configuration. Who cares if "modern drummers" are using this set. None of the GREAT drummers play a configuration like that. Roland is completely short sighted and short term profit driven. I wonder if some rich family's daughter who knows nothing about drums actually own and runs the company. LEL I say release only a limited set of kits. Obviously you can't make a set modeled after drummers like Bozzio, Minneman or even Portnoy with it....
                    Relax and have a milkshake, it's all good. The number of configurations for a Righty or Lefty TD-50 is close to 100. You don't have to have one up and two down and you have your choice of pads. No need to take down the company over the configuration Buddy Rich played. The TD-50 is a rather amazing e kit and a lot of forum players use it, love it and play great drums on it. Third party sound designers have created amazing new kits that actually sound like kits played by some of the artists you mention, and new kits are being developed as I write. I would consider Thomas Lang, Tony Royster, Gregg Bissonette, Isaac Dumont, Alexandre Aposan, Simon Phillips...GREAT. As for the dreaded configuration here is one performance to take note of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67ZD8G9-_s
                    Last edited by Howstamychi; 03-27-19, 04:14 PM. Reason: additional thought

Comment

• Last I checked, ALL modules had the amount of I/O the 50 has or less. Have a bigger kit? Buy another module. If youíre referring to the ability to model sounds to match perfectly; well, once again, just about NO module can do that perfectly. Hell, VSTs canít even do it.

I donít see the point of the snide comment either... aside from trying to derail and take the topic off course. Thatís fine. Iíll just close it.
                      Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X