Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-50 and VEX

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
    Hi Alan,

    Thanks for this update. I'm looking forward to the first TD50 pack, whatever you are gonna call it. You said that you're currently having around 25 kits, right. What is your aim for the total number of kits (incl cymbal packs, if that is planned of course)?

    I really like your idea of attacking this module from multiple angles to see what really can be created for all kinds of music (& people).

    Any plans on putting some preliminary sounds (with a disclaimer ) on the TD50 page of your VEX site as a teaser?

    Thanks
    I'm aiming for 50+ kits.

    I wanted to do some videos, but I don't really have the funds to get the video equipment I need to get rolling. My goal was to start populating our VEX YT channel this summer, but that will have to wait. I may try to do something with my phone's cam. If not, we'll have our samples at release, regardless.
    Alan
    _________________________________________
    visit my website: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
      Hi Alan,

      Just out of curiosity. Are you able to comment on the BD missing hits? For whatever, reason I seem to suffering from this also. It seems out of the blue and the only thing that I recently changed on the kick is the sensitivity in the trigger section.

      Thanks
      I had a drop out yesterday again with a combination of HH and BD. This time, I know there was no snare involved. Basically, my feet hit at the same time, but I just happened to strike the HH right before it closed. This has happened twice. So, there is definitely a bug there. I'm making a list of things to send to Roland. Things like when you copy instruments, the menus don't stay locked to the donor/recipient kits like they have in the past. I've lost so many things just because of that change. Feel free to list other things I can add to my feedback.
      Alan
      _________________________________________
      visit my website: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

      Comment


      • #63
        Hi Allan,

        Wow, 50+ kits is a huge number, I can't hardly wait to hear what you come up with.

        When it comes to the copying, I second that as I have lost stuff like this as well. Very annoying indeed.

        Anyways, thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.
        Cheers,

        Roland TD-50KV + SPD-SX / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

        Comment


        • #64
          "False alarm", when it came to released Roland products today. No rework required for the first VEX package Which is also a bit of a bummer, though.
          Cheers,

          Roland TD-50KV + SPD-SX / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

          Comment


          • #65
            Yea, I wasn't expecting to have to "re-work" anything anyway.

            I lost this last week to some med appointments and an ear ache. Gotta get back to work. Thinking about releasing a mini-pack instead... like 25-30 kits. Still polishing.
            Alan
            _________________________________________
            visit my website: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

            Comment


            • #66
              A mini-pack is a great idea, i'm up for that. can't wait hear what you've done with the TD 50!

              Comment


              • #67
                I feel like I bought a super expensive gaming PC but it only has Pong and Tetris. I CANNOT wait for the TD-50 pack and hope I can feel like the TD-30 to TD-50 jump was worth it…, and even better, stop thinking I should have gone with the Pearl Mimic.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by 5474243 View Post
                  I feel like I bought a super expensive gaming PC but it only has Pong and Tetris. I CANNOT wait for the TD-50 pack and hope I can feel like the TD-30 to TD-50 jump was worth it…, and even better, stop thinking I should have gone with the Pearl Mimic.
                  Amen!
                  Cheers,

                  Roland TD-50KV + SPD-SX / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Alan, I hope that your treatments are going well. I've been a VEX user for many years on my TD-20X and I just picked up the TD-50DP upgrade pack. I can't wait to hear what you've done with the TD-50 as it will be the decision maker of whether I keep the 50 or go back to my TD-20X. The sounds are so good on my 20X that I'd be happy to stay with that setup but the playability of the new ride and snare along with the capabilities of the TD-50 seem like a great combination. Thanks for all of your hard work on the TD-50 especially during what I'm sure is a very trying time for you personally. Keep up the good work and heal well.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Well, here's what I can say. I have my rock kits sounding as good or better than the 20X and 30. I have acoustic kits sounding better than the 20X and 30. This is all in my opinion, of course. That said, and as I've mentioned, it's just taking a LOT more work. I'm finding myself constantly going back and tweaking more and more as I find more and more improvements. This is what is taking time. As I feel I continually improve what I've got, I feel I should releases the best I can. So, I'm sorry for the delay, but it will definitely be worth the wait. All I can say is trust me. My stuff will blow away the default 50 kits by miles.

                      I'm still deciding on whether to add some samples for this first pack or not. I keep finding ways to expand what is already there, and that helps. Additionally, Chris and I have to work out some studio blocks to get any samples done. That was going to start this month, but we haven't narrowed down the dates. (we both have very busy schedules) As mentioned, I may do a mini-pack. I'm actually thinking about doing a mini of rock, and a mini of acoustic. It'll just depend on how I feel they gel together, or separate.

                      I'll give another update later this week.
                      Alan
                      _________________________________________
                      visit my website: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Hi Alan,

                        Thanks for the update. It's great to hear that you're still improving which shows that the learning curve is quite steep. Looking forward what you guys ultimately come up with.

                        have a great day.
                        Last edited by PietjePuk100; 05-29-17, 03:28 PM. Reason: typo
                        Cheers,

                        Roland TD-50KV + SPD-SX / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                          . My stuff will blow away the default 50 kits by miles..
                          I don't think most are using default stuff, only the new one made from users for a while, Roland default kits took pretty short time to do it from few sponsors just before release, less then 1 month from several people, Initial demo had 15 kits, gone to 50 under 1 month, clearly no time spend on this, have been the same story for all previous flagship.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 05-29-17, 03:55 PM.
                          [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Once again, thanks for the update Alex - I will be on the customer list for sure.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                              Well, here's what I can say. I have my rock kits sounding as good or better than the 20X and 30. I have acoustic kits sounding better than the 20X and 30. This is all in my opinion, of course. That said, and as I've mentioned, it's just taking a LOT more work. I'm finding myself constantly going back and tweaking more and more as I find more and more improvements. This is what is taking time. As I feel I continually improve what I've got, I feel I should releases the best I can. So, I'm sorry for the delay, but it will definitely be worth the wait. All I can say is trust me. My stuff will blow away the default 50 kits by miles.

                              I'm still deciding on whether to add some samples for this first pack or not. I keep finding ways to expand what is already there, and that helps. Additionally, Chris and I have to work out some studio blocks to get any samples done. That was going to start this month, but we haven't narrowed down the dates. (we both have very busy schedules) As mentioned, I may do a mini-pack. I'm actually thinking about doing a mini of rock, and a mini of acoustic. It'll just depend on how I feel they gel together, or separate.

                              I'll give another update later this week.
                              I'm still finding ways to improve on sounds and kits, months in to my journey with the TD-50. It's definitely quite a lot deeper and more open-ended than any of the previous modules.

                              Looking forward to purchasing the results of your current efforts, Alan. I've no doubt that, as well as sounding great, they will be very interesting and educational in relation to seeing what settings you've chosen in order to achieve various effects.

                              FWIW, I have the TD-50 running alongside a TD-30 in the studio, and I find that they're significantly different beasts, and I must say that with some tweaking, the TD-50 can leave the '30 in the dust as regards sounds as well as expressiveness, and that's even without relying on bringing samples on board. Not that the '30 sounds bad - it's great, but it doesn't match what the '50 does.
                              TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals/stands. SPD-30 and SPD-SX. TD-30 for additional triggers & layering. Muse Receptor 2+ Pro w/ SD v2.4.4.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by CobaltSky View Post

                                I'm still finding ways to improve on sounds and kits, months in to my journey with the TD-50. It's definitely quite a lot deeper and more open-ended than any of the previous modules.

                                FWIW, I have the TD-50 running alongside a TD-30 in the studio, and I find that they're significantly different beasts, and I must say that with some tweaking, the TD-50 can leave the '30 in the dust as regards sounds as well as expressiveness, and that's even without relying on bringing samples on board. Not that the '30 sounds bad - it's great, but it doesn't match what the '50 does.
                                I agree completely!
                                Alan
                                _________________________________________
                                visit my website: http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X