Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the requests so far. Please keep them coming. I have begun our first pack, but there is plenty of room for it's (and other's) development at this time.
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

I'll have Chris take this into consideration for our second pack.
      Very well, it's all about choices, right?

I have been looking at the initial package you have created for the TD30. Are you going to create something along those lines (works for me btw)?
      Do you want to create a mix with generic kits and specific artist kits from certain albums?
      Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

Comment

Yes, I've started along the lines of Essentials (30) and Engineer. (20X) However, I was planning to generalize the first release with a somewhat wide variety to fit multiple genres and styles.
        Alan

Comment

Yes, I've started along the lines of Essentials (30) and Engineer. (20X) However, I was planning to generalize the first release with a somewhat wide variety to fit multiple genres and styles.
          Great places to start, Alan - looking forward to hearing what you are able to come up with!

In addition to the other suggestions that have been made above, as per another thread from earlier in the year, it would be great if you could have a go at doing concert toms for the TD-50. It would also be interesting to hear how your experience compares, creating kits on the TD-50 as against the 30.

Big thumbs up for programming all four toms. And I also agree with bcomer that it would be great to have ambience settings already in place for each kit so the slider is activated from the get-go.

Aside from that, love the fact that you're doing some stuff along the lines of the Engineer set for the 20X, - as that collection had some of my favourite sounds. Hope you'll be able to include variants of a number of the kits from that set along the lines of the "Laugh Lin" and "Nick Dry" - and even "Big Boy K" as well as many others that always brought a smile.
          Last edited by CobaltSky; 04-14-17, 06:40 AM.
          TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

Comment

Hey,

Originally posted by CobaltSky View Post
            Big thumbs up for programming all four toms. And I also agree with bcomer that it would be great to have ambience settings already in place for each kit so the slider is activated from the get-go.
            yep! Me too!

kr
            Timm

Comment

Sounds great. I'm looking forward what you can make of it, but I'm confident you guys will come up with something rock solid.

Just like CobaltSky I'm curious to hear about your experience creating these kits and how much it differs/deviates from what you have seen before from Roland.

Cheers,

Roland TD-50KV / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

Comment

Yes, I've already started each kit with full ambience programming in place. Users will be able to simply adjust the slider, as with the 30; or they can edit the Room, Overhead, and or Enhancing as desired.
                Alan

Comment

Yes, I've already started each kit with full ambience programming in place. Users will be able to simply adjust the slider, as with the 30; or they can edit the Room, Overhead, and or Enhancing as desired.
                  Cool - that's great to know.

Looking forward to hearing how it's progressing, and happy to provide more input or suggestions at any point if that would be helpful!
                  TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

Comment

The Sonor Vintage Series would be a great TD50 pack addition.

Comment

I would love to see a diverse group of "Name Brand" kits, snares and cymbals to start. This would allow us to combine our favorite kit/snare/cymbal combinations. Looking forward to Vexing my 50!!!
                      Modules:Roland TD-50, 2 TD-9's, TD-15
                      Roland Drum Pads:5 PD-100, PD 125, 2 PD 120, PD140DS
                      Roland Cymbals: CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R, 2 CY-13R, CY-14 and CY18DR

Comment

Hi Alan,

a while ago you stated that later this year a pack with samples would be released. Are you doing fine creating different snares with the internal samples only?
                        Cheers,

Comment

We're not starting on those until fall.
                          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
                            Hi Alan,

a while ago you stated that later this year a pack with samples would be released. Are you doing fine creating different snares with the internal samples only?
                            I believe the question was about creating a great snare with the internal sounds from Roland. I'm curious as well

Modules:Roland TD-50, 2 TD-9's, TD-15
                            Roland Drum Pads:5 PD-100, PD 125, 2 PD 120, PD140DS
                            Roland Cymbals: CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R, 2 CY-13R, CY-14 and CY18DR

Comment

Hi Alan,

i was was just questioning if your first hand experience with the module & the snares would have made you alter your initial statement.

But out your point is clear.
                              Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by gotstafish View Post
                                I believe the question was about creating a great snare with the internal sounds from Roland. I'm curious as well
                                This was the original question I asked, indeed.
                                Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                                X