Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDrumLib question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDrumLib question

Am I able to sample sounds within VDrumLib on my PC or do I have to construct a kit and transfer it to my module before I can hear how the selections will sound?
    Thanks.

Yes, VDrumLib manipulates the kits and your drum kit plays them. VDrumLib is not a player.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

So basically, if I cannot recall the sound that a particularly named instrument or effect makes, I have to call it up on my module to hear it? (For example, the sound that 12"PluggedT2 makes.)

I am not able to click a play or a sample icon to hear the selected sound in VDrumLib?

Comment

No, Its only data.
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Originally posted by Schlagzeuger View Post
          So basically, if I cannot recall the sound that a particularly named instrument or effect makes, I have to call it up on my module to hear it? (For example, the sound that 12"PluggedT2 makes.)

I am not able to click a play or a sample icon to hear the selected sound in VDrumLib?
          That is correct. All of the sounds are inside your Roland module. They are not on on your PC and they are not contained in the module backups that VDrumLib edits. These sounds are Roland proprietary sounds and sampling them for storage or playback on your PC would be against the Roland license agreement that comes with your Roland module.

-SD-

Comment

Originally posted by SiliconDrummer View Post
            That is correct. All of the sounds are inside your Roland module. They are not on on your PC and they are not contained in the module backups that VDrumLib edits. These sounds are Roland proprietary sounds and sampling them for storage or playback on your PC would be against the Roland license agreement that comes with your Roland module.

-SD-
            10-4. I have it straight now.

Comment

Working...
            X