Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little discouraged from VEX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little discouraged from VEX...

I purchased the Evolution pack from VEX and loaded it to my TD-15. Great kits, but was a bit discouraged to find that the AUX is not programmed as an additional cymbal, as stated in the description on the page. It was a 4th tom. I was thinking "well, that's a bit misleading, but the pack still sounds great". Just wish I had that aux cymbal as opposed to a tom, but maybe I'll be able to figure out how to program a cymbal in or something... Hard for me sometimes but oh well...
    Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

TD-3 > TD-10E > TD-20 > TD/W-20 > TD-15 > TD-50

Here’s my take on VEX (from a previous post) –
    • I recently purchased both VEX Evolution and SYNC kits for my TD-15. You get 50 kits with both sets. However, the Evolution kits are all different – the SYNC kits include 25 unique kits duplicated and ambience/configured as “wet” and “dry”. Also, Evolution has the auxiliary port mapped as a 4th tom; SYNC has it mapped as a china/splash cymbal.

Both sets sound great – I really do not have preference. Therefore it would be difficult for me to recommend one over the other. However, since the cost for both is the same ($45), you are getting more kits with Evolution. That does not mean they are better, just more of them. It is interesting to hear the difference between two kits configured as wet and dry as offered with SYNC, but again, not necessarily better than EVO, just different.

Comment

Like I said, I bought the Evolution and was disappointed to see the aux was ported to a tom and not a cymbal as described in the description on the page. But so be it, it's s till a great pack. I'd much rather have had the China but I am sure I can figure that out.
      Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

Comment

I'm sure you can go into the module and change the Aux voice to another cymbal instead of a tom and save that kit.
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Seems we have a few typos on the site. I will fix them. In most cases, auxiliaries are programmed as cymbals, but our 15 expansions are programmed with 4th toms. As mentioned, it is easy to copy another cymbal to any auxillary and retune it. Sorry for the confusion. I will correct those sections of the site. We have a LOT of products, so things do get missed.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

No worries. I plan to get the other pack soon. So I'm not shutting the door on such amazing work.

Comment

I'm with you G-Rad -- VEX does an amazing job. I also run Addictive Drums 2 -- I like VEX kits as well if not better. Presumably, I am suppose to be experiencing very little if not zero latency with my VST/AD2 setup (high end laptop, external audio interface, etc.) - but, even if I can't "hear" the latency, I can surely can sense it. This is not the case with VEX kits. Because the VEX sounds come directly from the module, I truly sense ZERO latency - and I like that.

Comment

I am a long time Vex fan form td 20 to now my td 30 Kvpro.. I am not a teck head and I know people will say you must learn you kit... well hey that just isnt me. I can get around lots of basic stuff but layering up sounds tweaking gates compressor ect just isnt me I dont have the time or the knowledge soooooo."God bless VEX" the latest recording project went from thats sounds cool to OHHH yessssss with the new pack from vex. keep up the great work guys. plug and play FTW

Comment

Working...
                X