Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strike kits are louder than Essentials Rock kits? (and loading kits from usb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strike kits are louder than Essentials Rock kits? (and loading kits from usb)

I have most of Essentials Rock and Strike kits loaded on my TD-30 and I've noticed the Strike kits are louder than Essentials Rock kits. I haven't delved into comparing kit/instrument settings to find the difference yet, I wonder if someone has already figured it out? If I remember right It seems the kit volumes on Ess. Rock kits are already set to 100 so maybe there is a difference with compression/master settings compared to the Strike kits?

Also, since I couldn't fit all of the kits from both expansions into my backup file, I created another backup file containing the 16 or so "left over" kits. When I go to load separate kits from usb, will the TD-30 look inside this backup file and list the 16 kits or do I need to somehow get those 16 kits saved individually into the Roland > Kits folder?

Mimic Pro (Vexed), Diamond Custom 12" Snare, PDX-100 Toms, VH-13, CY-14-t Crashes, CY-14 China & Splash, CY-13R Ride, CY-5 X-Hat, MDS-9v Rack, DW Hardware, Tama Throne

Chris and I do program a little differently. On the latest pack (ER), I decided not to go as "hot" as I had previously on others. This was due to the type of processing on ER in comparison to Strike. Chris went a little hotter because the kits were "less" processed. ER is modeling more modern "compressed" processing. (harder/heavy rock) By doing so, going hotter (higher gain) in the module can result somewhat of a distorted or double compressed sound. This is the "reason".

If you would like to "match" these packs up closer, simply lower the gain on the Strike kits. Once done, re-save a backup. That should fix you up.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks Alan! I'm loving all the kits I've been playing so far, great work!
      Mimic Pro (Vexed), Diamond Custom 12" Snare, PDX-100 Toms, VH-13, CY-14-t Crashes, CY-14 China & Splash, CY-13R Ride, CY-5 X-Hat, MDS-9v Rack, DW Hardware, Tama Throne

Comment

Working...
      X