Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonor Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonor Signature

Is there an expansion kit for the TD-30 that has the Sonor Signature, or one that comes close to that?

Many thanks in advanced!
    Roland TD-30K | Roland PDX-100 | Roland TDM-20 | Tama HP900PSWN | Tama HH805N | Tama HT530 | Vic Firth | VDrumLib 2.3.0.0 | V Expressions LTD Essentials: Rock, Strike, Giggin' Kits, Top 50 Drummers vol. 1 & 2 | Drum-tec TD-30 Sound Expansion Plus Package (coming soon...)

I'll have to check.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

OK, I'll wait Alan.
      Roland TD-30K | Roland PDX-100 | Roland TDM-20 | Tama HP900PSWN | Tama HH805N | Tama HT530 | Vic Firth | VDrumLib 2.3.0.0 | V Expressions LTD Essentials: Rock, Strike, Giggin' Kits, Top 50 Drummers vol. 1 & 2 | Drum-tec TD-30 Sound Expansion Plus Package (coming soon...)

Comment

We have a couple of Delite kits in the new Essentials Rock pack. These are produced to match the harder processing of today's mainstream rock. We also have various Sonor kits in the VXT series. These are modeled to reflect unprocessed kits in the studio. It is also possible to copy these VXT kits into the processing of the ER kits. If you need help with that upon purchase, I can instruct you on how it's done. (pretty simple actually) As for specific Signature series, we did not name any specifically, but there are more than enough components in many of our packs to create such a beast. Again, very simple to do, and I'd be glad to help.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello Alan,

Can you please tell me which VXT kits I have to buy? I already own the Essentials Rock and Strike package.

The beast that I'm trying to find or create on my TD-30 is the Sonor drum kit from Chris Witchhunter (his real name was Christian Dudek). You probably donít know him because he was the earlier drummer of the German trash metal band Sodom. He wasnít a perfect drummer, but I always liked the sound of his drum kit. I know for sure that he used this Sonor kit on the albums: Obsessed by Cruelty, Persecution Mania and Agent Orange. Maybe you can take a listen to it via YouTube. But be aware itís a bit heavy!

I donít know the exactly measures of the drum shells. He normally played a double bass, two high toms, two floor toms a 3-part rototom and a snare of course. I'll try find out what he exactly has been using.

Many thanks in advanced!

Very friendly greetings.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I'll take a listen and see if I can construct you some direction. As for the Sonars in the VXT series, just look at the kit lists in the three PDFs. The kits are listed in those manuals on every series'/pack's page.
            Alan

Comment

I took a listen to a few pieces of his work. I'm really surprised you don't think there is something on ER you can use. That pack has some of our hardest stuff ever. The thing is, his kit is so massively processed, that you'd never be able to tell what brand it was from. About the only thing I'd say to do is find the closest kit, copy in a lower BD (or detune) if you feel the need, and crank up the compression. I don't think trying to achieve the "brand name" for brand name sake is going to get you any closer. All that said, I do have some even harder kits coming for my next pack. No, I have no ETA. Due to my health problems, it's going to be quite a while before I release something. I work extremely slow these days.
              Alan

Comment

Thank you very much Alan for all the effort you did.
                I will check out the Essentials Rock pack out again and buy the VXT 3 pack with the Sonor kits later this week.
                The production of the albums that I suggested wasn't that good, I know. It's not for nothing that they were called the most chaotic band!
                I will try the tips you gave me later this week.

Take it easy with your health and take good care of yourself. The next pack will surely come when it's ready!

Thanks again Alan!

Very friendly greetings,

Ivan

Comment

Working...
                X