Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APEX or SYNC for td11 at church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APEX or SYNC for td11 at church

I posted this question in another post, but thought I'd get more responses this way ! The td11K is played at church and we can afford only 1 of these VEX upgrades. Which 1 does people suggest? Thanks. The more input the better.

Email Chris, tell him what you're playing, and he'll give you direction.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I have APEX and SYNC and they both have several great kits. I am not as familiar with SYNC since it is newer, but my initial reaction is that the kits are more booming and aggressive. I think APEX has a few more subtle kits.
      Roland TD-11KV with Iron Cobra 600 pedal, Simmons DA50 monitor, and VEX APEX and SYNC packs for TD-11 / Slingerland 1960s champagne sparkle kit with Roto Toms and Zildjian cymbals / Fender Telecaster ‘52 re-issue / 2013 Gibson SG Std / Hohner B2B bass / Yamaha FG-400A acoustic

Comment

Yes, as with all commercial products, and this is in no way a criticism, your true favourites will be a few of APEX and a few of SYNC, but then you have to buy both to enjoy the luxury of that. I agree in this case that SYNC offers maybe some more boomy kits; Ludwig kits on SYNC is more so than Ludwig on APEX. Compare the Ludwig 1978 Vistalite Vintage on SYNC with the Ludwig Epic on APEX. Make sure you listen to the samples of each on the website as that will give you a taste of each, but I bet you will go with APEX. We assume that a church needs 'sedate' drum sounds, but maybe you need the boom to fill the space?
        Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

timataeo what did you select or what did Chris suggest in the end?

Comment

Working...
          X