Cable management tricks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable management tricks?

anyone have any advice? the dtx kit I have some of the cables are fused together but wrapping the whole bunch up seems like it could be easier some way.

Cable ties and wire loom?

Comment

or velcro strips from a hobby store if you want on-off capability

Comment

6a6dd7fe-2f14-4b7d-a764-a94ae38b4bd2.JPG._CB312567204_.jpg
        Attached Files
        ATV AD5 module,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Comment

I use strips of Saran wrap... it's clear so it doesn't look obtrusive; very inexpensive, easy to wrap around itself and cling, easy to hide cables behind chrome rack bars or to bundle cables together...
          Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
          Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

I also saw this spiral cable wrap that looks like a cool idea.

Comment

I purchased some chrome zip ties that I also use for my Harley. They're not cheap but once they're on, they're on.

http://amzn.to/2zl6hjV
              Main Kit: Mimic Pro, PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
              Mini Kit: TD-30, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-13R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw Pilot View Post
                I purchased some chrome zip ties that I also use for my Harley. They're not cheap but once they're on, they're on.

http://amzn.to/2zl6hjV
                I was going to suggest these as well.

I started off using some 'grey' Velcro ties, which do a pretty good job of blending into the chrome bars. https://www.homedepot.com/p/VELCRO-B...24HD/202261940

But I'm currently experimenting with a couple of other options, including chrome circle carabiners

Comment

Originally posted by Macarina View Post

But I'm currently experimenting with a couple of other options, including chrome circle carabiners
                  now that sounds cool .thanks all

Comment

I made this yesterday. I used Spiral Wrapping Band. about 10 euros for 10 meters. Very Cheap and flexible. Als notice I connected a DI box to my stand ( used for connetecting my iPhone to the multicable) I prefer the app Tempo on my iPhone as a click (audible for the entire band thanks to IEM). I made a mullticable which is permanently connected to the module. The other side goes into the stage box, using all the 10 outputs of the module if needed, but als connected the IEM (using the 'Mix in' option of the module) and as stated earlier the DI for my iPhone/Click. Cable which are too long, are just folded. Good luck and I hope this is of any help...

Comment

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

lol That's what I use on all my computer crap.
                        Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X