memory locks for L-rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memory locks for L-rods

I have standard drum memory locks on much of my kit, but wanted something that would work with L-rods height location on the rod and L/R positioning.

I did a bit of searching and found these shaft collars. Rudland was the only company I found. They make this single, warp-around plastic collar which is the least expensive and doesn't mark up the L-rod or pad. They offer split rings and other materials (metals). The part number CL-7-P is the 7/16" plastic one that works with all my L-rods. $25 (Amazon) for a pack of four isn't cheap, but they really do the job.

I do have to use a flat blade screw driver to spread them open to slip on some of the heavily knurled rods.

I position the split in the collar to center on the rear center of the pad. You could scribe an alignment mark on the pad, but eyeballing it works well for me.

close-up package shaft collar on L-rod
    TD-20X & TMC-6
    Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
    DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

On my older setups, I just used Jubilee Clips....

*** Never buy a module without both MIDI IN and OUT! ***
    DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

Oh, you mean hose clamps? LOL dum amerikan!
      I had to google it to see wth you were talking about.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro??, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

Oh, you mean hose clamps? LOL dum amerikan!
        I had to google it to see wth you were talking about.
        It's like over here we use a lot of Gaffa tape...
        DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

It's like over here we use a lot of Gaffa tape...
          Yeah, we do to. Duck tape can fix anything, even warts!

Mimic Pro??, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I had though of going that route (or tape) but I wanted something a little neater.
            TD-20X & TMC-6
            Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
            DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

Yeah, we do to. Duck tape can fix anything, even warts!
              Warts? No!? More info...!

(what I meant by "Gaffa" was we use the brand name to refer to the stuff, like Jubilee clip, or "Hoover" the floor (actually, we should update that to "Dynsoning" !!))

Comment

Indeed, duct tape is a great home-remedy for warts, in particular plantar warts. It works by retaining the body's natural moisture which slows down hyperkeratinization at the growing front of the wart. This helps accelerate infusion of the body's immune response into that key area. I did researched on wart growth using electron microscopy, and have first hand (no pun intended) experience with my own as well as my children. It REALLY works. It's not hocus pocus.
                Mimic Pro on first release pre-order. Currently: TD-11 triggering VSTs (SD 2.3, SSD4, EZDrummer2), DIY drums with Quartz and Pintech triggers, Handsonic HPD-20, JBL Eon 515XT

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Indeed, duct tape is a great home-remedy for warts, in particular plantar warts. It works by retaining the body's natural moisture which slows down hyperkeratinization at the growing front of the wart. This helps accelerate infusion of the body's immune response into that key area. I did researched on wart growth using electron microscopy, and have first hand (no pun intended) experience with my own as well as my children. It REALLY works. It's not hocus pocus.

So, if you wrap a toad in "duck tape" does he disappear?
                  All clear tape in the US is known as "Scotch tape" even though it doesn't taste like whisky or come from Scotland!
                  Oh, right memory locks 4 for $25? seems like painting with ink-jet ink way too expensive.

Comment

Oh, right memory locks 4 for $25? seems like painting with ink-jet ink way too expensive.
                    Expense is relative to the cost of the kit, module, etc. I'm just suggesting that these are a slick option for something that is not provided through the usual drum market. I purposely included the price as some do favor simpler, less costly options and these wouldn't be worth their time to explore further.

As a bonus, in this thread we found medical advice for warts (I did google it and the search results confirmed it works!). I've used the OTC remedies in the drug stores with good results, too.
                    TD-20X & TMC-6

Comment

How are they "not provided through the usual drum market"??!! Several (major) drum brands that use 10.5mm L-rods (or cymbal/percussion holders) provide these memory-locks. Even fancy hinged ones. And really not very expensive at all ... .
                      (or 12.7mm if you would need those)
                      Last edited by Drummer-64; 03-17-17, 05:35 AM.
                      E-kit:TD-30, 13"drum-tec Diabolo, 2xPD-105, 2xPD-125, KD-120, VH-11, CY-14/15-MG's + Gibraltar pedals & throne, ATH-M50x. A-kit:Pearl BLX piano black - 10"-12"-13"-16"-22"-14"steelFF - lots of Zildjian, Paiste, Ufip, Amedia, Istanbul cyms - InEar

Comment

I used DW 10.5 mm for my Toms. Works well but wish the toms had a notch to accept the little section that sticks up on the lock. I use that section to orient the Tom to the same position each time so it takes care of orientation as well as height.

I use the larger locks on the rack and I have slightly different ones for the cymbal stands.

It really helps speed up set up.
                        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummer-64 View Post
                          How are they "not provided through the usual drum market"??!! Several (major) drum brands that use 10.5mm L-rods (or cymbal/percussion holders) provide these memory-locks. Even fancy hinged ones. And really not very expensive at all ... .
                          (or 12.7mm if you would need those)
                          Not the first time I have to plead stupid. When I searched memory locks (looking for 7/8") nothing came up for L-rods and I never thought to look...

I'll check it out and curse myself not the first time. Thanks for the info.
                          TD-20X & TMC-6

Comment

Originally posted by hank View Post
                            I have standard drum memory locks on much of my kit, but wanted something that would work with L-rods height location on the rod and L/R positioning.

I did a bit of searching and found these shaft collars. Rudland was the only company I found. They make this single, warp-around plastic collar which is the least expensive and doesn't mark up the L-rod or pad. They offer split rings and other materials (metals). The part number CL-7-P is the 7/16" plastic one that works with all my L-rods. $25 (Amazon) for a pack of four isn't cheap, but they really do the job.

I do have to use a flat blade screw driver to spread them open to slip on some of the heavily knurled rods.

I position the split in the collar to center on the rear center of the pad. You could scribe an alignment mark on the pad, but eyeballing it works well for me.
                            These look like they might be a good solution. Might see if I can pick some up.

Took me awhile to figure out that you were talking about Ruland rather than Rudland (google didn't seem to have heard of Rudland LOL). Looks like they make them in various different materials as well...
                            TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals/stands. SPD-30 and SPD-SX. TD-30 for additional triggers & layering. Muse Receptor 2+ Pro w/ SD v2.4.4.

Comment

Working...
                            X