No announcement yet.

Here is how to stack sounds on TD modules with MIDI and Perc sets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank's Simon, can't wait to try it out later.
    TD-30 module with a TD-20SX kit into a JBL PRX615M stage monitor. DW9000 series hi-hat and double bass pedal. Now using a modified "Nashville" kit on the TD-30.

My old band's Youtube Channel: Project Mayhem, all TD-20 mixes.

Comment

I'm getting some enquiries about the TD30 setup for layering, now I have made videos on how to do this and I hope people would give this a try themselves, It's not that hard.

So, rather than reply to the many emails I'm getting I'll make a TD30 template so you can load into your TD30 and sus it out for yourself. I'll come back here soon.

Cheers,
      Simon
      Roland TD-30, TD-12, Roland Pads/Cymbals
      SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

wow .. nice! thanks Simon. WIll try your template when available, thanks.

Comment

Ok, I have made a new TD30 project, this has my basic kit on 81(SIM BASIC) along with how I have my TD30 setup. This also includes my trigger settings for my pad and my playing style.
          Now please note, that you need to have a user Ptn (blank pattern) 101 selected and in there you need to select (PART) then PERC, then scroll to PERC set 6. When you select edit, Perc set 6 has my layers setup in here. you will notice that I don't have my High Hats layered, this is normal. Also when layering a kit, the cymbal choke function on a layered kit does not work.

Please don't ask me how to do all of this, I have made videos and explained this here. My advice is explore and discover how things work for yourself so If a situation arises where things are not working etc... you can quickly fault find with your new found knowledge.

Enjoy the TD30 and layering.

Cheers, Simon
          Attached Files
          SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

I went out and got a MIDI cable after all these years of ignoring any post that mentioned it, and followed Simon's YouTube instructions and it worked. Believe me if I can do it anyone can. I spent a couple of hours layering a kit and I am really pleased with the results, especially the snare with a crack to it without machine gunning to my ears anyway. Mind you it could be all those beers Ive had. The only thing I don't seem to be able to layer is the HH- the layer HH seems to be stuck open with no control- any thing I'm missing here?

Comment

Charliew, glad that it worked for you. I'll have to make another video on the edit side of things in the Perc Set. To get a closed hight hat go into the Percussion Set 6, click f5 to get to the edit control functions, scroll down to POS CC. (make sure you have the instrument selected that you want POS CC to affect), now as you increase the POS CC value you will notice the high hat becoming more closed, that's it.

Cheers, Simon
              Last edited by Othila; 01-08-17, 03:19 PM.
              SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

Cool thread!! I wonder if this process would work on my TD-20X.... I guess I'll have to try!
                Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-105X/125X pads | CY-15R's | VH-11 | DIY 13" Snare + 16" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
                Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | CY-15R + PCY-135/155's | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

Working...
                X