Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 module making noise on its own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 module making noise on its own.

Hello everyone. I purchased a TD-10 module with 5 mesh v-drums, 2 bass triggers, 3 cymbals, and 1 hi-hat. I played it for an hour at the individuals home before purchasing, and all was well. I personally moved the entire kit, including the module and carried it like it was a newborn child. I had another project at home so I could not set up my drums for almost a week. When I did, all was well, but I neglected to attach the cord to the bass drum trigger. When I did the kit began to make a noise like the bass drum beating rapidly. I disconnected the bass drum and the noise continued. I checked all connections, tried a different AC outlet. I tried everything I could think of, turning unit on and off. I finally disconnected ALL the drum inputs, and the sound remained. If i slide the bass drum fader down, it quiets the noise, but the trigger light still flashes like the drum is being hit. When the bass drum is connected, if i strike the trigger it intertupts the pattern, but it quickly returns to its original pattern. Does anyone have any advice on how to remedy this situation. Thank you all in advance. Cary.
    warycilliams TD-10

Try a factory reset if that does not work you may need a exorcist (meaning Roland repair).
    If you did not get a manual from the seller you can download one from Roland. It will tell you how to do a reset.
    Good luck and welcome to the forums
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

can i do the factory reset if the module has been upgraded?
      warycilliams TD-10

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can as I'm almost positive I did it on mine at some point after getting the upgrade (and I had really screwed up all the settings!). I just don't remember if the procedure was different or not. I'm sure someone on here will know, but if you don't have an answer by tonight, I'll try to dig out my manual and see if I can find an answer for you.

Mark
        www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

So, I downloaded the TDW-1 manual and checked it out... not much help. I did a search on this forum, however and found that a factory reset will bring you back to the original TDW-1 expanded kits and configurations. I believe you just go into "setup" and then hit F4 a bunch of times until you get there (check the TD-10 manual to be sure)! Piece of cake!

Hope it fixes your problem. Let us know!

Mark
          www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Double post - this system is painful!
            Last edited by daebado; 06-10-14, 12:55 PM.
            www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Sorry guys. Been stuck at work. I went to local Roland dealer today to get a cord and they also suggested a factory reset. The module now only makes the noise when the kd-7 is hooked up. I'm hoping factory reset will clear it. I'm still at work but I will post results as soon as I can try a reset. Thank you all very much.
              warycilliams TD-10

Comment

Restoring factory settings cured my problem. Thanks to all who responded. Now to get everything dialed in. Thanks again.
                warycilliams TD-10

Comment

Originally posted by warycilliams View Post
                  Restoring factory settings cured my problem. Thanks to all who responded. Now to get everything dialed in. Thanks again.
                  ...and take pics and post them!

Glad you got it worked out. Let the fun (and GAS) begin!!

Mark
                  www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Dang these double posts!!
                    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Working...
                    X