Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Snare rim shot problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare rim shot problems

I face few difficulties with snare rim shot:

First, in the manual it is written that I can hit only the rim at the left side of the snare pad. What do all right hand drummers do? -is the only solution is to turn around the snare pad?

Second - when I hit the rim, I get the two triggers simultaneously most of the time? - is there any way to program the system such that either snare sound or rim sound is triggered?

Third - regarding the technique of hitting the rim - any recommendation for a crosstick hit (should I keep/lay my hand down on the mesh head?) ?

Thanks, Metofef

Originally posted by metofef:

I face few difficulties with snare rim shot:

First, in the manual it is written that I can hit only the rim at the left side of the snare pad. What do all right hand drummers do? -is the only solution is to turn around the snare pad?

Second - when I hit the rim, I get the two triggers simultaneously most of the time? - is there any way to program the system such that either snare sound or rim sound is triggered?

Third - regarding the technique of hitting the rim - any recommendation for a crosstick hit (should I keep/lay my hand down on the mesh head?) ?

Thanks, Metofef
    This has got to be one of the toughest things about e-drums. Here's what I have found because I like using cross-stick a lot:

1. The stock TD-10 cross-stick sounds suck; you gotta have the TDW-1 to get good sample sounds and response. The TD-6/8 are so-so as well, but better than the stock TD-10 IMHO.

2. Rather than playing with the butt of the stick on the head and hitting the stick on the rim, I found I get better response when I place the butt end of the stick _on the rim_ and then hit the _other rim_ with the point end of the stick and do NOT touch the head area. This helps to minimize the trigger of the head sound so the cross-stick sound can come through a bit better.

3. I have experimented with cutting away a portion of the rubber rim, but it doesn't make a huge difference as near as I can tell. I was hoping for better response, but I didn't find it. If you have a cracked portion of your rubber rim, that's a perfect excuse to give it a try since you'll probably replace the entire rim anyway (Roland won't sell just the rubber strip).

Hope this helps!

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

GOOD RESPONSE.........RIGHT ON THE MONEY
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Agreed.
        "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Working...
        X