Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Help Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Help Help

Somehow my TD-12 has bitten the bullet. It started off with my DIrect Out 1 channel not outputting correctly. It sounded like it was just ambience with a kick drum way off in the distance. Then as I was playing the gig, Direct out 2 got funky and I seemed to have lost crash cymbals. So I decided to finish the gig with output going out to all 4 pathways. Even at the slightest volume, everything sounded kinda distorted and overmodulated. OK guys, give me a clue what's going on...I reinitialized 2 times and it did not help at all. And in fact, some of the drum sounds seemed to change in parameters, but I could be mistaken. Today I even changed the battery, but still it's poopoo caca! Whachutink? And who do I send it out to if this need be the case...my warranty has expired (aint THAT always the case!
    Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Wow, sounds serious. Depending on where you are, you can locate some shops that will do work on the module or you can send it back to Roland. They all charge bench fees and if they find the problem, you will pay for parts and labor. It all started so suddenly that maybe something happened at your gig. They will tell you to re-do all of your cable connections before you do any more serious work. I had a tip of a jack break off in my TD-9 a few months ago and replaced the female jack. Maybe your direct out jack got damaged somehow. Good luck.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks Jim...I had it checked out and it cost 75.00 to find nothing wrong...protech ran it through extensive tests...even thermal burn in...nothing. I did learn a lesson the hard way though. I did find the problem...bad cabling...3 of them right in a row. When the intial cable went down, I grabbed another. it proved after test, that cable also was bad...and then another, and the same thing...What are the odds of 3 cables going down at the same time. Well pretty good if you ask me. Turns out that the internal heat shrink on each cable end was so tight from the factory, that it actually broke the strands of the wires...one by one.

I test all cables now before each gig just in case...and now wrap each quite delicately in the proper manner...
      Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Wow. I would think the odds are very high to have 3 cables be defective. I also had Protech in Silver Springs MD fix the jack in my TD9. I will take a little extra care with my cables and also pulling and pushing the jacks so it don't end up with another problem.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
        X