Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European 2Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European 2Box

So, I have an opportunity to buy a used 2Box module here in the states that was originally purchased from a company overseas. It has an adapter plug on it so that it will fit a standard American outlet but I was wondering if it's ok to run it like that. The guy I'm buying it from says it's no problem but I'm not so sure.
    Aside from the voltage difference, I know stuff made for the European market is designed to run at 50 Hz instead of our 60 Hz. Will that mess up clock timing in the unit (assuming it even uses it)? Could it affect latency? Is this switchable on the unit? Should I stay away from this particular purchase or will it be ok?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Originally posted by daebado View Post
    So, I have an opportunity to buy a used 2Box module here in the states that was originally purchased from a company overseas. It has an adapter plug on it so that it will fit a standard American outlet but I was wondering if it's ok to run it like that. The guy I'm buying it from says it's no problem but I'm not so sure.
    Aside from the voltage difference, I know stuff made for the European market is designed to run at 50 Hz instead of our 60 Hz. Will that mess up clock timing in the unit (assuming it even uses it)? Could it affect latency? Is this switchable on the unit? Should I stay away from this particular purchase or will it be ok?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
    Both of my 2Box modules came from Europe. The only dif is the Power adapter. For the US it takes an 18Volt 500MA adapter (110V input). Plenty of those available for around $10. Also it is not of much concern what OS the module is running. Updating the OS is free, and all the 2Box samples are readily available for free download. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=18v+500ma+power
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Both of my 2Box modules came from Europe. The only dif is the Power adapter. For the US it takes an 18Volt 500MA adapter (110V input). Plenty of those available for around $10. Also it is not of much concern what OS the module is running. Updating the OS is free, and all the 2Box samples are readily available for free download. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=18v+500ma+power
      Thanks, Jman. Did yours come with the big European 2-prong plugs as well? Any problems associated with those? I'm not crazy about the extra connections those introduce.

Thanks,

Mark
      (If I end up getting this, I'll be contacting you for the flash card and hh adapters!)
      www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Originally posted by daebado View Post

Thanks, Jman. Did yours come with the big European 2-prong plugs as well? Any problems associated with those? I'm not crazy about the extra connections those introduce.

Thanks,

Mark
        (If I end up getting this, I'll be contacting you for the flash card and hh adapters!)
        My second module, Graham sent the US adapter. I still have the European adapters that came with my first module sitting in a drawer. But if the seller has the adapter for the US on it I wouldn't be afraid to use it. The adapters simply convert 110V or 220V (either/both) to 18V, so I'm sure his adapter would work. But either way there are plenty of adapters available, I still have a couple spares myself.

Oh, and you mention the flash card. On the 32GB plug n play cards I prep.... they are already set up to the latest OS with all the newest 2Box sounds. So as soon as you plug it into that module you have everything updated like the new 2Box modules plus a lot of extra stuff the new modules don't have the space to contain.... J
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
        X