Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Variable high hat switch w/hart Ecym II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable high hat switch w/hart Ecym II

Has anyone tried to make one of those variable high hat tigger conversions using the Hart Ecymbal II high hats. You know the kind that go on a real high hat stand. Kind of (well exactly) like the new Visu-lite high hats. I've just ordered the Hart Giga Pro kit and before it even gets here I'm thinkin' how to make the high hat better and more realistic. I like the Visu-lite idea but those are more expensive than the Harts. And of course I'm already going to have the Hart hats.

Funny you should say that.

I proposed an idea for a remote variable hi-hat (no stand, although one can be used if chosen) to Peter Hart a while back and he has contacted me and told me that they are going with my idea and have put it in R&D and asked me to beta test the model when its ready. It will have the full action of closing and opening along with the appropriate sounds - I canít wait! The hats will not be plastic, they will be metal, yet the metal for the hats will not be very loud.

The idea is to use a different/special metal type to reduce the stick noise considerably less then the metal hats Hart has now - these will be the quietest metal e-hats around and the first of its kind. I have the hi-hat patent to be safe, so this puppy is Peter Hartís and mine.

I will let you peeps know how it works when I get it. Donít really know the ETA as of yet, Peter Hart will let me know.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Of course, now ya tell me! COOL! Although now it is something else I need but can't have right now. Not that I could even afford it anyway. After my huge purshase.

[This message has been edited by snared (edited September 07, 2001).]

Comment

I'm still waiting!! I really want to use my H.H. like a "real" H.H. I have looked at some of the designs on the net. They all seem over complicated. There has got to be an easier way.

Comment

Hey szvook! Has anything come of the HH thing yet?

Comment

Working...
          X