Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the size of an MDS-9 rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the size of an MDS-9 rack

Could someone tell me the size of a Roland MDS-9 rack? I am quite limited on space ( my MDS-4 fits quite well ). However, with GAS I have replaced one of my PDX-6 and both PDX-8 pads on my TD-11KV system with PDX-100’s. I have it fitting but not comfortably.

I’m thinking of getting an MDS-9 but with my space constraints I’m not sure it will work. I realize size is a relative as it depends on what pads are being used and how wide the legs are spread out. By reducing the space as much as possible, what is the approximate minimum size a MDS-9 rack requires?

Thanks,
    SKK

http://www.roland.com/products/en/MDS-9/

then click on specs
    TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

Thanks Spike.

Comment

Or you can get just some pieces of rack and expand your current one. Think a 2- tees, 1 vertical pipe, 1- horizontal pipe. I bought a mds4 rack used and expanded my mds9 rack with all the pieces. Worked out quite nicely.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I like that idea Intruder. The problem is the two vertical posts on my MDS-4 are welded together with a square bracket so I can’t use the vertical posts unless I cut the square bracket. Now I assume I could buy two new vertical posts (legs), a 1” round horizontal bar, and two tees. I then hope I could mount my two toms to that horizontal bar. I don’t know what the cost for these would be. I can purchase a used MDS-9 for $110. I assume that’s more than just purchasing the parts but may buy me some other options – like totally moving to the MDS-9. It’s just that I’m so tight on space. Do you have a suggestion on where to look for these parts - I'll start with eBay.

Thanks again.....

Comment

Try here I have ordered some stuff from him very reasonable.

http://stores.ebay.com/DrumzRUs-Store
            Buy DrumzRUs Store, Stands, Parts Mounting H W items on eBay. Find a huge selection of items and get what you want today.DrumzRUs Store items - Get great deals on Stands, Parts Mounting H W items on eBay Stores!

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Wow, really a mds4 welded? I have not seen that. For $110 a mds9 rack? Does it come with all the clamps and cymbal mounts also?
              I would jump all over that. I think I paid $189 for mine incl. shipping with all clamps and mounts.

Comment

All the rack and clamps but no cymbal mounts. I bought it but am having buyer's remorse. I think I should have order just the parts.

Comment

It should work fine for you. I would use the 9 and add what you need from the 4 to expand the size if needed.
                  Did the rack include pad mounts at least?

Comment

Nope, just the frame. I have quite a few mounts so that shouldn't be a problem; it shipped for free. But, like I said, I think I should have just gone with the parts. Oh well, I've spent $100 on sillier things.

Comment

WOW Intruder you called this one - I was $%&#$. From what I'm now seeing, for $110, it really should have included cymbal mounts etc. as apparently they are a bit different on the MDS-9 than mine from my MDS-4. Again, my fault -- others, you may want to take heed...

Comment

But the mounts you have still fit right?
                        ​I use some simmons and alesis pad mounts on mine. My cymbal mounts are all Roland however.

Comment

Yeah, my mounts fit fine. It's the cymbal mount that goes directly into the front leg that I'm missing. I believe the one that comes with the MDS-9 has one more adjustment than the ones with the MDS-4. By combining parts of both stands, I have it working pretty well - good enough for now. Just thought I would let others know my experience.

Thanks again,
                          SKK

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. I used this to solve the issue cheaper than Roland and looks good too.

Get the guaranteed lowest price on the Gibraltar Cymbal Boom Attachment SC-RBA at GuitarCenter. Nobody has more new and used music instruments and gear.

Comment

Thanks Intruder - I think I have mine working - at least for now but again, thanks....

Comment

Working...
                              X