Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-15 AUX Post - pd6 (snare) & cy8 (splash) - drum splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-15 AUX Post - pd6 (snare) & cy8 (splash) - drum splitter?

Hi - I've upgraded from an old TD-6 to a TD-15 and am trying to get a cy8 and a pd-6 into the AUX port so that the cy8 plays and splash and the pd-6 a snare. Both mono, no choke etc. I'm using the same splitter cable I used on the td6 for the combined Tom/Aux port but I only get a head trigger from one of the pads and nothing from the other. I have experimented with different pad type settings on the TD-15 but can't find one that works. I have checked the splitter cable using a cy12 into that AUX port and it does register a rim and a head shot off that cymbal.
    Do I need a modified drum-splitter cable to have a cy8 and pd6 to work as separate rim and head (mono) shots or is there some other answer?
    Thanks - Ian.
    Last edited by BarT; 05-29-14, 11:43 AM.

Officially from Roland UK today from Japan HQ - a standard Y-cable will not allow the AUX Port to be used for two different mono pads. They didn't have an opinion as to drumsplitters.com and whether they would work.

Drumsplitters say their cable will work, so I've bought one and will update this thread for the next person.

Comment

Drumsplitter cable arrived, set-up in a few minutes and working well with extra snare on pd6 and a splash on cy8 plugged into AUX port. Job done.

Comment

Drumsplitter cable arrived, set-up in a few minutes and working well with extra snare on pd6 and a splash on cy8 plugged into AUX port. Job done.

Comment

Working...
        X