Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha PCY135 not triggering correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha PCY135 not triggering correctly

I have a Yamaha PCY135 cymbal connected as Crash-2 on my TD-11. It was working great for the past nine months. However, lately it only triggers correctly on the lower portion of the cymbal. If I hit the cymbal closer to the sides (not edge), it triggers but only slightly. If I hit near the top/upper portion, there’s nearly no sound at all. I have switched the two crash cymbal cables around to see if it is a module or a cymbal thing. The problem stayed with the cymbal so the module appears to be fine. Also, as a test, I connected a mono TS cable to the PCY135 but had the same result. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    SKK

If it is still under warranty, go that route first. Otherwise, and if you are comfortable opening up the bottom, I would remove the 9 or 10 screws it seems are there, pull the cover, and check for a broken solder joint on the PCB the jack mounts into (particularly if you are a heavy hitter) and also any wire connections to the piezo. Then check for good ribbon cable connections at all three connection points, perhaps you'll find something loose there.
    - - -
    Remo Practice set conversion, DIY cymbals, PD-7's & PD-9's, CY-5, Sonor Hi-Hat stand, Roland TD-6V, Zoom RT-123, CB700 snare, Simmons SDMP1 Tunes: https://soundcloud.com/artly-there

Comment

Thanks Mesh, yes it is still under warranty, so I assume that's the way to go.

Comment

I must give a two thumbs up to Yamaha ! I sent them an email explaining my situation. Much to my surprise, ten days later a complete new PCY135 in the original package with cable and connecting hardware arrived in the mail. Now that's customer support. Thank you Yamaha....

Comment

Working...
        X