Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cable for hooking module to powered speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cable for hooking module to powered speakers

Seemingly a basic/dumb question but want to ensure I get the right cable, as I now have a new setup. The rig is now a TD-12 module going into the line inputs of a Yamaha DXR15 15" powered speaker. I also have a new Yamaha MG06 passive mixer if I need it. My questions are:

1) If I am only using a single speaker, should I run both L and R outputs into the L and R line inputs on my speaker or just L (Mono)?
    2) Which cable is the proper kind to run the TD-12 to the speaker? Instrument cable, speaker cable, guitar cable, etc?
    3) Do I need to even use my passive mixer or is it fine just running the TD-12 directly to the speaker?

Thanks!
    Live Rig: Under Construction!
    Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

For a single speaker, the left output is usually mono. It should say on the module or in the manual. Use a shielded instrument cable. You can try it without the passive mixer, but if you need a bit more gain, use a mixer. I prefer to use a mixer. A little Yamaha mixer can be had for $80-90.

Comment

Thanks man, figured that's what I should do!
      Live Rig: Under Construction!
      Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

Working...
      X