Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double sound on snare.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double sound on snare.

Hi there: For the last two weeks, every time I hit my TD-10 snare, I get a double sound. Very annoying. Anyone have a clue what the problem may be and how to fix it? I get the same thing sometimes on Tom 4. Thanks in advance, guys!

Ben

Ben,

If you mean double sound as in same as the first sound, like a fast re-trigger, an auto-roll or double strike can try increasing the "Mask" time setting for your snare and tom. Such is under advanced trigger options, page 111-112 in the English TD-10 manual.

If is some other pad or adjacent trigger's sound as the 'echo', check crosstalk settings? (such would be a layered sound as in two starting at the same time, not double as in re-trigger)
    - - -
    Remo Practice set conversion, DIY cymbals, PD-7's & PD-9's, CY-5, Sonor Hi-Hat stand, Roland TD-6V, Zoom RT-123, CB700 snare, Simmons SDMP1 Tunes: https://soundcloud.com/artly-there

Comment

Thank you, Mesho. The problem seems to be a fast re-trigger. I tried your suggestion and it seemed to work. I appreciate your help. Ben

Comment

Working...
      X