Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9 v2 mixer settings only affecting headphone output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 v2 mixer settings only affecting headphone output

I'm having a strange (?) problem with my TD-9 v2 module. I wanted to put the cymbals and hi-hat on the left channel, en the rest of the kit on the right, but it didn't seem to have any effect (I've hooked up my module to a mackie mixer via the line outputs, each to its own (mono) channel on the mixer, set hard left and hard right). It appeared as though each sound is played exactly as center (so same volume on left and right output), no matter how I pan the instrument. I've double checked to see if I had set both the rim and head triggers to the same panning, but that was correct.

Then I put my headphones directly in the headphone out of the module. Lo and behold: the panning was correct now! Does anyone know if there is some sort of global setting to enable true stereo output on the line outputs, or is that just not possible? Or is my module defective?

Sorry, should have searched the forum before posting. Apparently I need TRS cables. Strange that that isn't mentioned in the TD-9 owners manual (or perhaps I missed it).

Comment

I use trs cables for everything just so that stuff does not happen and they only cost like $.75 cents more.
      But then I also use DMX instead of XLR cables for sound and lights.
      But that's just my way of thinking!
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Working...
      X