Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD9 Version 2 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD9 Version 2 Upgrade

Hi,
    I have just purchased a second hand TD9. Apparently there is a Version 2 Software Upgrade available for this kit, don't suppose anyone has one that I could buy off them ?
    Please let me know if you can help....
    Cheers
    Mark
    [email protected]

You've made 3 separate threads on the same thing. You should probably delete two of them.

Comment

Contact Roland Customer Services. In the US at least, they were offering you the option of sending the module to them, and they would do the upgrade for you. It isnt possible to sell the upgrade second hand....not legally anyway.

saying that, the upgrade isnt all that big....some 30 new sounds, only to the snare and kick, and only a couple of them worth getting worked up about, and the ability to have 100 kits loaded instead of 50, as well as the ability to play songs from the USB instead of using the mix in input....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

When I bought the upgrade from Roland, then sent it to me on a USB flash drive.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

They ran out of USB sticks and were only doing it by send in, the last we heard...
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Defo worth doing in my opinion.

Comment

The upgrade service procedure detailed below is still available for U.S. based customers, however I should note that our Distribution and Service center just recently relocated to a new facility in Ontario, California

Originally posted on 3-18-13:
              Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post

Beginning on (approximately) April 1st, Roland U.S. will offer a TD-9 Version 2 upgrade service at our Los Angeles, California Service Center. Once this Version 2 upgrade service is in place, it will continue to be offered indefinitely.

This service will require shipment of your TD-9 module to Roland U.S. in Los Angeles, CA, after an official Return Authorization is issued to you by Roland U.S.. There will be a cost for this service which will include return shipping of the module to you after the upgrade is performed.
              Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post

QUOTE=Drew Armentrout;n814917]

The turn around time for the upgrade is 24 hours upon receipt of your TD-9 module at the Roland Service Center in Los Angeles.

Comment

Working...
              X