Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Problem with td8 and Hart ecymbals x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with td8 and Hart ecymbals x

I just recently recieved my new Hart Pro kit with the ecymbals X instead of the ecymbals2. The kit is unbelievable and the td8 triggers great. The problem I'm having is when I strike the splash and especially the ride at the same time as I hit the kick the cymbals will trigger intermittently. I've made every logical adjustment I could think with no success. Could anyone help.
    Scott Hutton
    Owner - Cymbalismmusic.com and CoolUkes.com
    800-332-7460

You are getting crosstalk on your cymbals. They are picking up vibrations through the rack from other pads you are striking and giving false triggering. It is recommended that you unplug the cymbal you suspect is the problem to confirm and then plug it back in and increase the crosstalk value on that pad until the problem stops. 10 to 20 increase should do it. It is also a good idea to stuff your rack with styrofoam packing peanuts. This cuts down on rack vibration transfer.
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I actually solved the problem by simply turning down the crosstalk on the cymbal. Unfortunatly I have a new problem. When I sat down to play the kit today I found the high hats pad were not triggering at all. The foot pedal works fine and I plugged the pad into a different input and it works fine. I've tried adjusting the crosstalk on the highhat with no success. Any suggestions?
      Scott Hutton
      Owner - Cymbalismmusic.com and CoolUkes.com
      800-332-7460

Comment

Working...
      X