Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD30 - Hi-Hat sound/sustain cuts off during looped pattern play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30 - Hi-Hat sound/sustain cuts off during looped pattern play

Hey,

I have an unusual issue that doesn't seem to occur with the default kits using looped patterns.

I have a "user kit" set up that was originally copied from the default #1 kit Studio and since then modified to suit my needs.

I recorded a pattern of a simple groove, set to loop. This pattern is set to Tom 4's rim.

Without the pattern playing, the hi-hats trigger normally. That is, they sizzle and sustain as expected.

However, with the pattern playing, the hi-hats (and only the hi-hats; the cymbals are fine) cut out when I do a bite or otherwise play with them so they sizzle.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be the case? No other kit has this issue...

I have updated to the latest firmware and the issue persists.

Any ideas would be awesome!

Thanks.
    Drum Kit: Roland TD-30KV; Kick Pedals: Pearl Demon Drive Double Kick; Headphones: Shure SM535 In-Ear Monitors (Clear); Auxiliary Pads: random Alesis auxilary pads (from the ION drum rocker); Foot Switch: ION Drum Rocker kick; Drum Rack: MD25 plus Pearl square rack;

Hmm, I figured it out after some toying...

Solution: just leave the hi-hat open and plan on playing whatever on it if you're using patterns around the kit.

Good to know. Guess you learn something new every day.
    Drum Kit: Roland TD-30KV; Kick Pedals: Pearl Demon Drive Double Kick; Headphones: Shure SM535 In-Ear Monitors (Clear); Auxiliary Pads: random Alesis auxilary pads (from the ION drum rocker); Foot Switch: ION Drum Rocker kick; Drum Rack: MD25 plus Pearl square rack;

Comment

Working...
    X