Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Stands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stands?

In the interest of flexibility I have been playing with the idea of scrapping my rack (v-session) and using stands instead. This would allow me to use parts of my kit for smaller gigs, as well as make it easier to transport. Specifically I was interested in those cymbal/tom combination type stands some companies make. They can easily be packed in a stand bag.

The only major problem I can foresee is the posibility of cross talk.

Iím sure somebody is or has done this.
    Any ideas, comments (or even better pictures) would be most appreciated.

Thanks d

What problems do you see with crosstalk. Usually, putting everything on seperate stands would eliminate crosstalk better than the rack. If you happen to get crosstalk, try putting some kind of foamy material around the clamps. I think Feefer said he was using cut up Dr Schools (? sp) foot cushions.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
      Usually, putting everything on seperate stands would eliminate crosstalk better than the rack.
      I think he's putting two pads on one rack.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I've got two TD-10 with plenty of pads which I had to separate because of crosstalk between the pads of the two modules (didn't figure this out until after I bought the modules).

I've got all of the pads of one TD-10 on the Roland rack, the others for the second TD-10 I've mounted on double boom cymbal stands which works perfectly. They're not cheap, but they hold both Pad 7/9 and Pad 80/80R fine.

I'm using Sonor Delite double cymbal stands ... you can also get cheaper ones. Make sure to take a pad/different pads along to the shop to make sure they fit securely on the stand!

Questions? Post here and I'll get back to you.
        My equipment:
        :: (Expanded, TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control)
        :: 2x CY-15R, 1x CY12H, 2 CY12R/C
        :: 1x Pad-120, 8x Pad-80R, 6x PD-7, 1x PD-9, 1x KD-120
        :: 1x FD-7
        :: 1x Roland MDS-10, 6x Sonor Delite double cymbal stands
        :: 1x DW 5000 Pedal
        :: 1x Mackie 1202 VLZ
        :: 1x NAD C521 CD-Player

To be expanded soon ...

Comment

I have used this type of setup for some smaller gigs. Two toms, kick, snare, hats, ride and cymbal. I hung each tom from its own stand; a cymbal/ride from the same stands and the hats from the snare stand.
          I didn't encounter any crosstalk issues.
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hi Guys

I posted something on this a while back but forget where....anyways, I use three Pearl boom stands with a selection of Pearl multiclamps and Gibraltar double tom ball & socket holders (the medium size). I have six PD7 pads, four CY6 cymbal pads, KD120 and one Koby Micropad - the Micropad is the only thing that has ever given me cross-talk problems, but careful tweaking has just about eliminated all that.

Set up as follows - HH and Crash - one stand,
            Two toms, snare, crash and splash - one stand, two toms, ride and china - one stand. All linked to TD6 and a DM5.

Hope this is of use.

Smaller foot-print than the rack and the only additional purchases (as I had the Pearl stuff from my acoustics) where three Gibraltar clamps which came to £45 - half the price of the rack.

Comment

Billonakona

Can you put up some pics of this. I am beginning to believe that stands may be better than a rack.

Sam

Comment

Hi Julius

Will do....give me a day or so - I've just moved house so need to find the digital camera first!

Comment

Hey gang:

Sorry, I have not been away for a couple of days. Thanks for the replies. Boingo is right I am looking at multi use stands.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:
                  http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/index.cfm?fa=setup_7p

This all started because I was used to being able to break my acoustic set in to smaller pieces. I thought I would like the rack system better but now I am having second thoughts.

If Billonakona could get those pictures that would be great.

Thanks again. d

Comment

Working...
                  X